Watsup guys... i gotta question for ya

Elite47

I'm doing a debate in english(due tomorrow) and i need to find some credible sources that i can quote. Im debating to lower the drinking age to 18. I can not seem to find any good sources, what im looking for is an article.

i was lookin along the lines of "if youre able to get married,vote and serve in the military at 18 then you should be able to drink at 18"... anything would be appreciated...

I'm doing a debate in english(due tomorrow) and i need to find some credible sources that i can quote. Im debating to lower the drinking age to 18. I can not seem to find any good sources, what im looking for is an article.

i was lookin along the lines of "if youre able to get married,vote and serve in the military at 18 then you should be able to drink at 18"... anything would be appreciated...

I doubt you will find any articles that prove your point that the legal drinking age should be lowered. Think to yourself what the benefits would be for society at large?

This can be argued forever, because on one hand it's very social and fun, and brings people together.

On the other hand, however, it might damage you and cause terrible things to happen.

I think the drinking age should be lovered to fourteen years. (But I'm 16, so why shouldn't I think that? :P)

People have to behave with responsibilty towards booze, do you think that children of 14 are responsible, I certainly don't, maybe where you live, but certainly not in England,most of the problems caused here in the city I live in are caused by alcohol,

I read in our newspaper today that the Police are proud, because they have reduced the arson of cars, (60 per month on average) to just 20 a month.

20 cars set alight per month, previously 60 ?

This has been proved to be caused by kids being under the influence of drink.

So no, I personally think the drink age limit is a good idea.Until kids can be seen to be responsible at 14,they should remain in force, for everybodies well being.

There are lots of articles out there about it, you jsut have to look for them. Most deal with comparisons among countries that have lower limits nad those witht he limit you are trying to get lowered (it's 19 here).

Where I'm from age of majority isn't enforced. As I have said before, I worked in a brewery when I was fifteen. Two free beers a day and a case at the end of the week. Horrible beer though. Horrible job, too.

GZAkiller asked for links peeps, not to start a discussion in here :)

Seriously, I agree with number6... sure there may be personal benifits, but for those you hardly find any thinks (if at all). I tried searching for you, but couldn't find something usefull. Like Sherlock aid, what's the benifit for the public at large ?

In another note, which is related to this thread, I have now finished the second CD in my masterwork series of Drinking CD's.

The first was titled, obviously, "The Drinkin CD".

The recently completed second compact disk in this series is "The Drunken CD".

The epic trilogy will conclude with "The Drunkener CD" (construction has not yet begun, it may take a very long time. Took a year to make the second).

The tentative title of the Quadology's finishing piece has not yet been selected.

alright glad to get some replies... but im still stuck....

i ended up skipping english that day so i could turn it in when we return from winter break. I HAVE TO HAVE credible sources for this debate. I have lots of arguements from sites i've found, but they lack the credibility i need. I'm lookin for government websites, articles from well known un biased magazines etc...

You do know that America has a huge problem with drinking in excessive amounts compared to other countries where the legal drinking age is lower. Also, there are a lot of countries with a ower drinking age that score higher educationally than the US does. infact, the US is usually ranked towards the middle or bottom like 15/40 or soemthing...

There's actually a lot of arguements out there...

like the one Inoculator stated...

anyways, thx for any help that's offered, appreciate it