Why?

Seth

Okay some of you hate the Atreides but no one told me the reason why? why do some hate them and why are they always portrayed as weak military leaders in fact they are feared by the emperor and other houses..... I mean their army is not bad and Caladan is surely not a bad place why do some hate them like Edric O ( He deliberately removed the Atreides I know it) or some other people surely some agree with me right? or am I all alone? sorry but this question disturbs me quite often and I am glad that I exposed it now  ;D

Don't really understand why they were removed either.

Not  only removed, but Caladan nuked to hell.

When I heard that I was a little disappointed.

Still, I'm hoping that a lone Atreides survives on Dune only to come back in the last couple of missions as the Kwisatz Haderach, in which case removing the Atreides makes sense, although there still was no reason for nuking Caladan.  After all wouldn't the Lansraad be a bit pissed off about that? :)

It does not fit corrinos house nor the harks or the ordos.... I mean Corrino is a decieving a**h**e in dune 2000! he doesnt give a damn about honor! Atreides are best for the Main house..... is it me or is it just because the other houses are afraid to face the Atreides head to head that is why they all gang up on them. (just look at the missions)

i like atriedies ;D but i like harks and ordos too. I think the new mod is kinda kewl but doesnt really make much sense. I mean emperor is like 200 yrs before the movie dune right? so if they nuked the s##t out of caladan how could there still be a house atridies 200yrs later with there planet still intact? Buts its kinda kewl that corrino has more of a role to play. Has anyone seen the new dune movie(the remake) In that one corrino and the sarduarkar were really really bad, they looked kinda fruity too with there hats. I like the old traditional sarduarkar like in emperor better

But Why do some hate them? I mean would you like evil to reign of course thats not the way we all like right? I mean it doesnt suck that The Atreides are good its just saying that good guys never lose. And Corrino...... He still is a canniving a** h**e even if he is a Clone

• 1 month later...
ordos r the lesser side

they should b removed from the game 2 make room 4 corrino

House Ordos does not agree with your suggestion. We are for the more experienced players. The weak Atreides is easy to start of with. Harkonnen are a bit harder, and Ordos are the hardest. As we rely on skill rather than brute strenght.