Any good, in-depth, non-rushing/super aggresivesly obssesed stragegy games out?

Sneakgab

Homm 4 , but its turn based, a great one anyways.

Spellforce seems nice, havent had a chance to play it yet, but it got this feeling it might be just like warcraft.But im definately gonna give it a shot.

I didnt like Battlezone's (1 & 2 ) very much. Too much hazzle and it was more of an fps anyways. But it was fun single player´, a one time game maybe.

Heroes of Might and Magic has degraded itself over the two last versions, in my opinion.

The second one was brilliant, the third one slightly worse than expected, but still a great game, and the fourth was a disaster...

I still enjoy the second and third Heroes of Might and Magic!

The first one was also good, but it was almost like the second, except fewer monsters and, though maybe unnoticeable, worse graphics.

I already have the battlezones, the heroes of might and magic games, and populous 3

You're right pop 3 was pretty good... I remember turning my main base island into an military style fortress with raise/flatten/lower land... lol, it only had 1 small narrow gauge type passage which had 3 towers lining either side which led to my harbor:D.... on another level my starting base on the mainland was being destroyed a bit with each enemy wave and I couldn't hold them off for long so I flew my shaman and 3 peasents to a small piece of land with enough room for a house and perhaps a tower... I eventually expanded into my own mini-continent and once the enemy found he was already to late ;D...

Unfortunately I never got to play it multiplayer though... the only prob with that game was their were only about 6 unit types incl. the shaman and peasents

Thanks for the suggestions...

BTW: Like warcraft 3 = not in depth:D

Will a 56k be able to handle warrior kings? (It has no singleplayer (''conquer the map mode'' as an excuse for a singleplayer mode is not a singleplayer mode. It is only a series of skirmishes)

How old is HW2?

Btw: you're not speaking about cataclysm are you?

Please keep the suggestions coming, I have appreciated them so far :)

Spellforce looked pretty good, but got completly shot down by my local Game Magazine. I played a game called 'Heagomonia' a while ago, it was pretty good. Voice casting and storyline left much to be desired, but overall it was a really cool game. There was plenty to build and research, and the computer was rarely 'too agressive'.