ixian projector

Big D

I think the projector needs to be able to set a rally point for projected units.

otherwise you must move the projected units away from the projector yourself, and that means more micro-managing.

btw is it possible to project ornithopters, and do they have to reload (if they can)

Projections can not be used like normal units. They can only move and shoot like real units, and their shot do real damage. They have limitations though.

Projected units can not be picked up by Advanced Carryall (after all, it's not physical).

Projected units can not be loaded into APCs (have you ever tried loading light into a vehicle)?

Projected units can not use any special abilities (projected Kobras can not deploy, projected Fedaykin can not call sandworms, projected Engineers can not repair buildings or remove Tleilaxu leech larvae, projected harvesters can not gather spice, etc etc).

The most useful units to project (IMO):

Fremen Fedaykin

Fremen Warriors

Imperial Sardaukar

Imperial Sardaukar Elite

Tleilaxu Leeches

Guild NIAB tanks

Atreides Minotauruses

Harkonnen Inkvine Catapults

Harkonnen Missile Tanks

Ordos Laser Tanks

Ordos Deviators

You can make as many projections at the same time, as you have deployed projectors.

If you have 10 deployed projectors tanks selected, and you click on a unit to project, ALL 10 projectors will project holographic illusions of the unit you clicked on.

btw do you have to register to go online??
Yes.
I'm not THAT good I only started playing fair (without a trainer ) last saturday

as by magic I could defeat the comp BUT I can not yet defeat a human opponent

Trainers are bad. :- And you should practice against Hard AIs later on.Remember to check that all trainers are off when you play online,or you will 'out of sync' errors. ;)

Take a look at this thread.

You have to register a new account on WOL before you can go online, yes.

You'll need to download and run the 1.09 patch for Emperor before you can play online. There are also some maps you might like to check out, however they're not necessary for playing online.

ah I see now

well then, what would be the most useful unit to project?

also, can you use multiple projectors to make like 4 units at once?

that would be cool.

Project tailaxu leeches wenn they kill a unit a REAL leech becomes urs ;)

If I may, I would like to return to the question of best units to project. When projecting units, it is important to take into account what house you are using and who you are fighting. Also, speed is essential, to prevent your projectors getting clogged with images slowly moving out of the way and to avoid being shot.

For all teams, the Laser Tank is one of the most useful units to project. They are fast and manouverable, allowing rapid production and dodging. If micro-managed, an opponent must hunt them down or they will hit-and-run at any weak points. Against Ordos, they have the additional advantage of the Holtzman effect, destroying their vehicles easily.

When using Ordos, or if a large number of enemy aircraft are being built by the enemy, Ordos APCs, Sardaukar Elite and Missile Tanks are useful to bolster your defence and to provide additional targets in case the enemy tries to soften you up first.

When fighting Ordos, Laser Tanks and Sardaukar Elite provide one-hit one-kill anti-tank units.

For Harkonnen, images can be used as a form of ablative armour, providing many targets while letting your real forces gain experience. Engineers, Buzzsaws and Flame Tanks as a diversion can be used to draw fire away from your units. This tactic is only really useful if time is not a problem.

Fremen are useful for hounding your opponent, sneaking them into his base and opening fire, or left around the map on guard mode. They are a constant annoyance, as units disappear if not watched.

Leeches are effective at drawing fire, and can produce real units.

Alex

There are also some maps you might like to check out, however they're not necessary for playing online.

my favorite map is sandy pass. ordos (me) against harkonnen

(I like to build 4 palaces and annoy the harks to death with chaos lightning, and using my kobra's to defend the base ;D)