same problem different problem

edsbrick

then to add to your woes,i just tried playing and it froze on the multiplayer option the page changes but the graphics(letters,symbols)freeze,before the text has a chance to appear.i compared the processess between the two laptops and there are several differences between us,tomorrow ill post them.dunno if it will help,but ill feel better.

hope santa devises EMPORER BATTLE FOR EDSBRICK.

ed

ie explore - Windows explorer. Should be closed while trying to play.

ntpatch - Could be several things actually. However, none of them are needed while playing a game, so can be closed.

taskmgr - This is the program which is used to open the window in which you found these programs. It'll stop as soon as you close the window.

cinetray - Can be closed.

wmplayer - Windows media player. Can be closed.

vsmon - Zone alarm. - If I'm not mistaken, this file is being used with Zone Alarm. If you have Zone Alarm, try disabeling it before you try to play.

winmx - Seems to be assosiated with some sharing program. Can be closed.

avgcc32 - Anti virus ? - If so, try closing it down when you try to play.

avgserv - Anti virus ? - If so, try closing it down when you try to play.

zlclient - Zone alarm. - If I'm not mistaken, this file is being used with Zone Alarm. If you have Zone Alarm, try disabeling it before you try to play.

dslagent - Modem driver (?)

alg - A business related program. Can be closed.

gsicon - Again, a modem driver (?).

pctspk - Again, a modem driver (?).

soundman - Logitec ? - Can be closed I'd say.

synTPEnh - Driver used for the toucpad I think. Leave it !

synTPLpr - Help file in relation to the avove driver. Could try to be closed.

system idle process - You cannot end this process from Task Manager.

As you can see, most processes can be closed.

As far as my earlier post goes, in the lockup thread we once encountered that someone was using CloneCD (cd copy program). He couldn't play EBFD. Once he uninstalled CloneCD, EBFD worked like a charm.

It means that IF something is preventing EBFD to run properly, it may be a pogram that doesn't need to be running in the background.

hello,and welcome to todays?"fixing eds dune game" session.hello to all you technical people,tried to reinstall with anti virus off as advised,no change.....am now going to close all other processess then try to install and run and play.

what are/is my onbord gpu?

ed

THATS IT.

ive tried closing everything and reinstalling,ive tried playing from my wifes c drive(connected by rj5)ive copied and deleted till im blue in the face.i know my serial number without even looking.all the time i get the same ...game.exe is not responding .why oh why

i think ill lay down and have a breakdown.

thats not working either

oh well

ed :'( :P >:( :O :( :O :P :-X :- :'( :'(

Now that you've re-installed, try downloading the install fix from the NAV2003 and EBFD thread. Then copy the game.exe found in there and replace the current one you have.

Remember, if you only close down the programs in the background, you need to re-do that every time the pc boots up again !

Your not dumb Ed, many people have had problems getting Emp to run on their comps.

Please have patience WE WILL get you there in the end.

We need to know which programs you have installed on your laptop, if you use AIDA you can generate a report and save it in plain text, and attach it to your post reply please.