The Little Genocide

TMA_1

This is part one of a story I have been devising. It is a great idea I think, and I think those that maybe like my stories will think this is the best series I have made. I will give a general idea of it. It will had a profound ending. Tell me what you guys think so far, Ill have the next installment soon, really like this one! :)

The Little Genocide

Mankind is an overexpressed riddle. Everybody knows it's solution, but few actually know what that solution means.

~~~ Bordin Vel Verrel, The Infinity Controversy Transcript.

Something sparkled in the cave like a million crystals in the evening sunlight. The fly eyes were looking out into the sky, weary and still afraid to escape to the outer freedom of the planetscape. The hivemind had communicated to the hivelings before the great devistation came to pass. A million swarms in deep space encountered a strange machine, one that writhed and slithered in the night of space like a hideous pink spider. It was very large, in fact when the swarms were within visual range of it, the ship was ten-thousand miles away. The machine flickered in one great brilliant light, and then the swarms were hurled toward the squid-like craft. Speeding faster and faster to an unknown destination. The ship had sucked the living hive craft into itself, so fast that the matter of the craft was converted into energy. The horrible craft in it's power had unleashed an artifical black hole, a gravity well that moved objects towards it so fast, that everything changed into light. It then took that energy to restore power to it's alien and ominous systems. After those horrible quick moments, there was only silence.

Within a matter of two years, the spiders of space came again, and came for revenge. They unleashed weapons that no sentient creature could ever imagine. Shadow beams, laser-like bolts of pure darkness. Horrifying blobs of light that would strike one hiveling after another. Only five spiders were needed in obliterating 9/10ths of the population. They then did the unspeakable. They sent a plague upon the planet to whipe the globe of all life that had tried to attack it. It was a normal sickness at first, but then it started to destroy all reproductive systems, following the shallowing of muscle strength, Finally all respitory systems in the bodies of the hivelings would fail. only two hundred survived the final impact. This dwindled to five, and then to one, the small pitiful creature in the cave.

It's inerds were mush, but slowly it was healing. It knew intrinsically that it could no longer analogically reproduce. There was no real sadness though, only a great void inside. There was no more communication within the hive mind. It was all alone, independant from the community that nurished it. So it watched, and waited for it's salvation.

It had noticed much activity outside, and started to worry again for another assult upon it's homeworld. The pathetic spiders had the gaul to attack yet again it's planet. these ships werent spider-like at all though. They were blue and metalic. They seemed to be completely oblivious to the havoc around themselves. It saw what the creatures were. Smooth skinned, some dark and black, others with a tan color. They were odd creatures that walked upright on two legs. So clumsy that they brought laughter to the little hiveling in the cave. The first sort of relaxing emotion in months.

It watched and contemplated it's next move. Wondering if it should try to communicate directly, or stow away on one of the larger craft. It eventually decided on the latter, not wanting to risk open communication with beings it had no dealings with. Over the next couple of days it would wait for the right time to run, to hop onto a craft that seemed promising not to be caught on.

Finally a craft seemed suitable, and acted. going as fast as it's little stubs could take it.

End of Part One.

The blue tinted ship was truly unique. The alloy was a recent invention, and the base structure of the metal gave it a gentle tint of light blue. It was a shame that the metal was used to make an ugly ship. The C.C. Infinity, crisoned by Bordin Vel Verrel was it's name. Bordin owned a licsence to have his own fleet. In this case a fleet of slow moving cargo ships. He had no business for military affairs, and wished to make as much money as he possibly could. Space shipping was a perfect monopolizing agent, and Bordin knew this. The Corps only selected the best and brightest for permission to hold fleets of ships. They poured loving attention to those who were bright, but above all, those who were loyal.

Bordin asked to be apart of this mission, which was a rare occasion, and a pain for the crew to deal with. He said that he wished to be out among the stars, but the entire crew knew the real reason behind his venture. The crew was currently on a humanitarian mission, retrieving a special plant that produced a vaccine urgently needed on more than a dozen infected planets. Once he reached the diseased planet, many wide eyed and naieve media moguls would wish to speak with him and shower him with praise. This is in keeping with how Bordin thought and acted.

But putting vanity aside, the mission was truly very important. Suhel 2 was the only known planet to hold the miracle plant in abundance. It was an anomly though because it couldnt grow in any other soil than it's native kind. Many attempts were made by exo-biologists to try the impossible, of course it failed.

They were supposed to land upon the planet six months ago, but the Corps labeled it an off limits zone for much of that time. A strange planetary bombardment took place, the mystery of it all though is that there had been no discovery of sentient or quasi-sentient beings on the planet. There were no signs of civilization, only vast vistas of nature. After much searching, all the Corps could find were scorch marks and craters. The worst thing of all, much of the plant life was obliterated.

The authorities gave Bordin a sigh of relief when they okayed his passage to suhel 2. They had confirmed that the plants were indeed still existant, which was miraculous, as some 60 percent of all plant life had parished along with the bombardment. Because of the continually urgent need of the plants, the Corps would pay Bordin even more than the usual sum, so he and his crew went on their way.

Upon reaching the planet, the destruction was aparent, and all of the crew were dumbfounded that anything could survive the attack. "Life has always showed to be resiliant, this is just another testamony to that fact." Bordin said to his crew, as they began to land the ship to the ground.

The crew worked hard, while Bordin was updating the various applications of the ship's computer. It was a relatively easy job, but both Bordin and crew understood that it was the nature of the beast. Some in life were workers, and others were supervisors. Some were the haves and otehrs were the have not's. Bordin at times too this to an extreme though. Near the end of the day the ship was almost completely packed. The crew began tidying up, and soon they would be setting off. The crew secured the compartments and quarters. Bordin made small talk with his crew, which almost never happened. He was in a surprisingly good mood today. As the red sun began to set over the horizon, they were all given some Salishian Liquer to toast to. They drank and climbed up into the blue tinted craft.

Not knowing that the plants carried within their crates an infection. Not of sickness, but of a small creature. One that was scared and hopelessly lost.

End of Part 2

The scanners and readers said something was in cargo bay 12, but scanners and readers were known to foul up. Bordin was at the computers, he wished to take the shift from Kyle for the pure sake of enjoyment. Kyle didnt have that sort of luxury though.

"Kyle, there is something being read in cargo bay 12, an organism. You know how those things bug out, it is probably nothing. Could you check anyway though to make sure?"

"Yes sir, let me just finish this checklist, it will only be a minute."

Bordin stayed in his unusually good mood through the whole mission, it made everybodies life easier.

Though he was white collar to the core, he did have more humble origins, flying the famed New Deli. It was one of only three cargo craft that broke through the enemy lines of Apo 6 during the war of pretenders. He was given honors by the Corperate Tribunal, and from that he was entitled with a licsence to control his own fleet of choice.

Within a matter of moments the communications channel beeped. It was a four tone ring that scaled lower to higher octives, oddly pleasing to the ears.

"uh... sir. You might want to come down here, the scanners werent lying."

"Speak up son, what is it?"

Bordin's heart was pounding, how could there be any remote form of life? the crew searched up and down the craft before leaving, and the scanners would have shown if it was something small and harmless. Potentially though it wasent, and that was the rub.

"Sir, your just going to have to come down here. You'll have to come down here."

end of part 3.

"What the hell is it?" someone said behind Bordin

"shush, you might scare it." Bordin said.

The fly eyes of the little creature lit up while looking at Bordin. It felt the cool nature of the fellow, and knew he couldnt be trusted, turned and then looked at Shanna, the only female member of the crew. It saw that she was different, maybe a trusted person.

It pointed it's second stub towards the woman, its eyes flared blue and began to vibrate. The woman let out a high pitched scream. The other members of the crew started at the creature but Bordin stopped them. THe woman became silent, her eyes still coldly open.

"what are you?" an urgent feeling of that same message came over the woman. she didnt know how to respond.

"what are you?"

Finally she tried to think coherently towards the little creature.

"I am human, a being from another sun. We do not wish to harm you, only understand what you are as well."

"We come from the planet you just landed on, we were obliterated by an unknown race of beings openly defiled us and our home world."

"We did not know there was an intelligent race on your world, we could not see. We were mystified by the attack made because it seemd pointless. this makes sense though. I promise we mean you no harm."

The creature snapped its head, looked over to Bordin and back to Shanna.

"How about him? I feel hatred, anger. How will I be protected from him?"

"Dont worry about him, he misunderstands people, he will not attack you I promise."

It looekd at Shanna, then made a sign with it's hand.

"Okay, I will listen to what you have to say and what you wish to do with me.

end of part 4