Dune 7 and 8 Titles Revealed!

Mahdi

In a new interview with our very own Inoculator 9, Brian Herbert has unveiled the titles of the final two novels in the Dune Saga: Hunters of Dune and Sandworms of Dune.

I like that Brian is keeping the "of Dune" tradition that his father used, and I like Sandworms of Dune (maybe we will finally learn the origins of these mysterious creatures?), but Hunters of Dune doesn't quite do it for me.

To read the full interview, click here.

Well, as the interview says, they're both Frank Herbert's titles... and I think Sha-Hulud of Dune sounds pretty unusual... in principle Shaitan of Dune sounds good because essentially it means Devil of Dune, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue like Sandworms of Dune does. Still though, they both do seem vaguely tacky.

I just checked Dune Novels, and they've apparently announced the names themselves, a few days after the interview, without the interview :P Well, I spose it'll get up in their Interviews and Articles eventually, and at least we'll all know, that I saw em first! Even Byron Merritt says they never told him ;)

Dunenovels:

The story is so large it is best told in two volumes, which are tentatively titled HUNTERS OF DUNE and SANDWORMS OF DUNE.

I'm starting to think that kinda sounds like they just want to make money, because they know that every Dune fun has to buy Dune 7 book, therefore why not make it two books and make twice as much? :(

But they can't screw the books up or else they will have large hate clubs. :) (which is why the quality should be 100% better than the other Dune books they wrote.)