HArkonnen weakness

Darkon

THe primary harkonnen weakness is it slowness and the also have the worst defense coz they can't repair themselves (only on the second rank).example i have some devastators they will be hit by some shitty infantry but i can't never repair them>

Yeah, unless they become level 2 exprienced they will not be repaired (or if there's an atreides ally). I would not realy call their defence shitty though. Units you can't repair does not mean that the defence sucks. Their gun turrets are quite powerful and replacing a destroyed assault tank is easy and cheap.

Well we all know that the houses are overall balanced (at least so close that it really makes no odds) so really it doesn't matter that much. :)

Harkonnen don't need defence early on because they dominate, mid-game they're pretty damn good and late game (especially against ordos) they can just as much hold their own in offense, so defense really doesn't need to come into it.

I hate airdrones though. I'm an Atreides player but i think they should not have put the air drones in. IMO they kind of ruined it a little with the air drone. It is cheap, it is fast and it kills very fast. And you can build it early on. I wish that they made another very small patch where they disable the airdrone, the ADP and the AA mine (the latter two are kinda useless, so you can remove them just as well)

Harkonnen don't need defence early on because they dominate, mid-game they're pretty damn good and late game (especially against ordos) they can just as much hold their own in offense, so defense really doesn't need to come into it.

Harkonen are good but 1v1 against hark(me being atr)i can easily beat most harkonen rushes, i am often the first to rush , and i dont use drones early on against ordos and harkonen, i find that cowardly. I am also experimenting with just infantry rushes, i beat an ordos gas/dust scout rush this way, although i rather not say which method i used, it was more usefull than inf/bikes.

@flameweaver

although i agree with you on the unfair superiority of the drones, but whats to stop a huge gunship rush, or even an eye in the sky rush, atr have poor ground to air defense. If drones vanished then the harkonen would rule the skies and we would complain about that

i think it is veery easy to play with ordos maybe it don't look like that coz (they have cheap and weak units and also 80% of them can be destroyed by one shot from elite sardaukar) but if you build 7 laser tanks 7 dust scouts and also 5 apcs only someone very experienced can stand in your way coz also you can support your army very quickly because it build fast and walk fast(exmpl.: you destroy 2 laser tanks of mine but in 30 sec. i can build and move another two in) also it's very hard to hit ordos because i can only move around you and shoot and i don't have to give the attack order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...