Tactics and Strategy

OK here is my strategy. First of all be the ordos and ally yourself with the fremen and the Ixians. The key to success is defense. Put up a row of pop up turrets in front of your base to prevent a frontal assault. Also have at least 5 DEPLOYED Kobras around your base. Keep dust scouts hidden in sand in the path to your base. Also use the projector to project the heaviest tank you can find (Devastator) as much as you can afford. Use fremen warriors on cliffs for base defense as well. The fedaykin should ride the worm right into their melange fields and eat their harvester.OK thats the DEFENSIVE PART. When attacking you must always be sneaky. Make a large force of laser tanks (about 5 or 6) and mix in some other units as well like Kobras and apc's. The most important unit is the eye in the sky. Send in your force and while your opponent is occupied deploy a few saboteurs over his cyard factory and barracks-game over.

Oh come on...... Let me tell you, the Harkonnen strength and Death Hand will make any Ordos followers bow down before us before we even break a sweat. Hehehe...... Seriously though, I am very impress with everyone's strategies ( even though Emperor: Battle for Dune like many other WW RTS games ). The great thing about Emperor ( Sorry this may be a little bit off topic ) is how the sub-houses ( though limited to a small amount of units for good reasons like development cost, time, and balance issues ) and the many other features really make it so people will now have to establish very clever ( or just plain evil in some cases) strategies to survive and win. Now that is true in any RTS game, but to me E:BFD is way more full of strategic depth then past Westwood RTS titles which rely on the sending over a huge number of a certain unit.

• 9 months later...