Help on Emperor LAN

Tundra

Hi all,

I've had this game for years and I have just recently set up a LAN, both machines are the same spec, 2.6 AMD xp, 1024 DDR RAM, ATI 9800pro. They are linked through a standard Ethernet cross over cable and we (my brother and I) can play both Tiberian Sun and Redalert 2 with no problems. When ever we run Emperor though we cannot slow the game down, it's constantly set at the highest speed setting even when we change it in the options menu it doesn't effect the ingame speed. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It's fully patched to 1.09. I can't see why it's happening, I'm not prepared to reinstall either as I don't think that will solve the problem, my brothers version (which is fully patched) is a recent installation anyway.

I seem to remember this being a problem way long ago when the game was first released... if I remember correctly there was no way to change game speed in LAN games and it wasn't fixed in any of the patches.

You could try playing over the internet instead of the LAN and see if that helps. I know its a bit of overkill to fix the problem but it could work.

• 1 year later...

I had same problem with Emperor bfd, runs too fast in LAN games. The only way I found to slow it down is to use CPUgrabber. You can find it there :

http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/cpugrab.zip

I have Athlon XP 3400+ and Intel 3.2 Ghz. When we want to do a LAN game, we just launch CPUgrab on Athlon Xp 3400+ before, and set it to 80. Then game speed is normalĀ  :)