EMPEROR IS DYING !

Unless more players come back to play Emperor it's going to die !

Generals is a new game so it's going to be there for a long time.

Can I appeal to players who are now playing Generals, to play Emp at least twice a week.If they don't EA will surely pull the plug on it.

Can someone sticky this please ? :(

I think someone else will say this:

Emperor has been dying for a while.
OR
Emperor is dead.

I do not have an educated opinion as I do not play Emperor. But I do know that someone would have eventually said one of those two quotes. :)

Long Live Maud'Dib!

Actually if you read the ladder 1 vs 1, there are alot of new players.It's just that they get fed up of no one helping them and just wasting them, without mercy.

I have tried refering them to the newbie guide thread from Ken, but more players need to do this.

Sendakon,Cbrick04,Brennq and many others have all helped new players, this is the way to go.

Unless EA do pull the plug, I think there will always be people playing emp. We all thought it would be dead ages ago, yet it persevered. There are fewer players now, sure, but Emp has always had its ups and downs. As long as emp remains King of the Hill in RTS gaming, there will always be players. ;)

whats the point in stating the obvious? how many similar topics have been posted?

It's so that new members of the forum don't have to search all through the posts , before getting some info on WOL. ;)

Spare the rod and spoil the children eh?

Btw,EA won't support it much longer,its not earning anything frm it now...

They said that about 3 months after realease!

Its still here still going strong, if you compare to other games online look at Game Spy many games except new realease have similar numbers playing.

Trouble with WOL is u can't see how many people are actually on!!

Buddy list is too small to put lots of players in so you have to pick and choose.

I know Emperor is still retailling at £9.99 in Virgin just bought it for son. Will be getting it for Brother in law this Xmas.

I don't know about other countries but I've never seen it second hand anywhere in Leeds and we have load of exchange shops. That goes to show duribility of the game.

I dont see why EA would pull the plug, they made their money out of the game ages ago and while ever there are players they should leave WOL servers running as they have for many old games, the cost to them is minimal. Many thought the end was nigh when the glitch occurred but dispite the prophets of doom EA did fix the problem, why bother if they planned to pull the plug.

Many players go off to play other games but until a better more compelling game arrives they return Emperor.

As i've said before there are plenty of new players on every day its just a matter of giving them advice and not creaming them with quick rushes so they dont get a game and of course point them in the direction of FED2K so they can join the community.

I spent lots of time talking with EA trying to get the game fixed in September. It appears that the old WOL games are on the same server as Generals and other newer games, so cost of maintence would be next to nothing. As long as peeps still keep playing, Im sure the game will still be around. Try to keep a positive attitude and keep playing.

THIS GAME KICKS ASS

Maybe to help this problem we can try to direct new emp players to this site as Atomic has suggested. This may help to keep interest in the game. Also as Atomic has suggested, take time to help the new guys, they can be good players in the future. If we help them it will make the game more fun for them, maybe they will stick around.

Yeah! Let's have an 'adopt a noob' day! :D

lol, but seriously I think thats some of the better players should actually take some time to train some of the new ones so as to promote interest and provide more comepetition. Afterall we were all newbs once. :)

Congratulations to Ken for saying exactly what Andrew thought someone would say! At least we have someone who can fill in the stereotype for us!

The game doesn't need saving, it has a good amount of players and I doubt EA will pull the plug, nuff said.