Playing Emperor battle for Dune Online !

This is for all the new players I've told about this Forum.

If you want to play online:

when you start Emperor, the first screen you see, there is an options tab on the right of the screen.

Click on this and set firstly your gamespeed to 8.

Then click on the graphics tab, and set all ! entries to low.Shadows off.

Then go online.Have fun !

If you need to learn more check out Kens Newbie guide on this forum, I think it's under Emp strategy.

If I'm wrong somebody will surely correct me. ;)

If new players go online, it surely is difficult to learn how to play; the step up from the campaigns and AI to "real" human vs. human games is quite hard.

Would it be a good idea to organize some online lessons?

If an experienced player takes one or two beginners into a game and "talks" them through the steps of building a good (or at least reasonable) base, setting up example fights between groups of units, eg. master vs student, 2nd student observes and learns how the master does "da moves" :). This way one player can observe and learn, without bothering about his/her own units. At the end of the lesson the master can compete against both students in a "real" 2vs1 match (and probably wipe their asses).

The requirement of the new player would be that he/she knows all unit names and their basic characteristics (ie the newbie guide from this forum), else the lessons will become too difficult to pull off (and not much fun).

I think that this would even work with three beginners commenting on each other, and it will improve the average level of play, which eventually makes it more fun for the experienced players as well 8).

Tell me what you think!