OUR Golden Path

Egeides

Do you believe mankind will survive the next 1000 years? Could we find a way to never be extinct by some way?

Weird reflexion:

A) I thought about continual expansion by thinking about this paradox in cosmology: why isn't the sky white of stars at night if we consider the universe infinite (like a forest that's covered with trees)? Because the further you go, the less stars are close to each other (constellation, then galaxy, etc.).

B) So if humanity expands more, and more, and more, it statistically never gets its complete extinction as the sky is never completely covered of stars.

I think we could get the basic laws for the Golden Path from there.

A) That's one of the reasons why we don't consider the universe as infinite, Olber's paradox I believe.

If we can technologically evolve into a interspacial species, then our population will have no bounds and no end, as long as resources are continually found. There are generally more women than men, and you only need one man anyways so it shouldn't be that hard to have our population explode in space. Safety in numbers, I suppose is the way we can survive through the next 1,000 years.

If we can technologically evolve into a interspacial species, then our population will have no bounds and no end, as long as resources are continually found. There are generally more women than men, and you only need one man anyways so it shouldn't be that hard to have our population explode in space. Safety in numbers, I suppose is the way we can survive through the next 1,000 years.

Your idea isnt bad, just too conventional. I think many would agree with me on the boards when I say that interstellar travel is virtually impossible in our near future. (1000 years isnt that long in the grand scheme of things) Also, prospects of having "bases", and space stations outside of earth and on/around other space bodies seems to be pointless as well. All of them are extremely inhospitable, it would be possible, but why do that? too many economic questions involved.

I see expansion being solved by one or two things.

One is War: This has always been a population scrubber. Also, the larger the population, the more hostile things get.

and Two: Alternate forms of habitation. The earth is composed of around 70 percent water surface. If we use all of that relatively shallow land around the continents and other places, for agricultural, homebuilding, mining reasons, then we could support many more people. Also, I see the future being much like 3001. Huge cities, not in length, but in height. Buildings will become larger and cities will become more condensed.

Also, I wouldnt worry about humans destroying themselves. We are too afraid to do anything that would destroy ourselves. We only used the atom bomb in Japan because nobody else had the capability of retaliating like we did. Other similar weapons of mass destruction create a stalemate among the world powers. I think that this thread suffers from conventional thinking.

Also, a closed universe is rejected by many scientists, you guys seem to be pointing towards that. What if galaxies are like stars? in that they travel in packets, and that those packets (galaxies kinda) are far away from one another. OR what if we cant see the other packets because of exotic matter that is unobservable surrounding each packet? Dark Matter supposedly makes up a lot of this universe, though that is debatable too.

woah woah woah...

You are correct that intellectuals don't want to destroy themselves...But it is time to look around at the rest of the world population. There is a bunch of dumbasses out there. Their ignorance is going to destroy our species. The problems involving religions disputing is a prime example of this. The two major religions Islam and Christianity who have fanatics that although they are few...They still fight endlessly. There are miniwars going on around the world especially in Indonesia. It is sad to see that they refuse to learn tolerance although they "teach" it. They will be the ones that destroy us. As for the galaxies theory...They don't move like friends and say I'm going to hang out with one particular galaxy while they go and gossip about other ones...nah nah. If one galaxy gets near another like the one that is nearing the Milky Way they will be swallowed. The reason we can't see all the stars in the sky is because we can only see optimally (light). We can't see x-ray, microwave, radio, or the other types of stars that come are around. But, its not our fault the reason is because our sun is composed mostly of light. We would probably evolve if we went on a planet with a sun just of X-Ray beams coming from it.

Humanity has a chance at moving on...but I see it as being unlikely. Especially with one of the biggest space agencies in the world being apart of a country with a leader who wants to go looking for "extra terrestrials"...MORON...instead of looking into colonization as most astronomers are looking at right now.

You don't need to be an intellectual to not destroy yourself. Chruscov wasn't, Kennedy as well, and they had enough healthy mind to recall nuke alert in 1962. Some will of selfprotection is in everyone, and what makes us different from other creatures, we can raise this feeling for people around us. We don't need specifical human genius, which will lead us on one way to survival. Such persons were and are, but on them we can see only how limited we are. If we want to sacrifice free will to survive, we must have a god, no less.

Survival can be most easily done by balance between creativity and destructivity. If we would consume all for creation, we will quickly extinct. If we would destroy things we don't think about as "needed", it would harm us as well. Balance - that's all this golden path is about. That's what every serious prophet or philosopher preaches. No need for a leader, we can maintain it only in our individual souls.

I'd have to disagree with the statement that we don't need a leader.

I think we are in serious need of one. Because without one we are a bunch of idiots running around like chickens without heads. As a mass we can't do anything. Truly, an individual is intelligent (unless you look at the majority here in Hawaii and California and Washington...Oh hell the entire United States). The fact is...that it seems like a ideal theory but could never really make it in reality.