Tleilaxu and the Axlotl tanks

Guest LtTitan

Guest LtTitan

I have been reading the prequels to the original Dune. I am almost finished with House Corrino, and I have been wondering about how the Tleilaxu work. What exactly is an axlotl tank? I have heard that it was never really described as to what it was or how it worked, but in House Corrino it said that it was something like women attached to tanks to use for reproduction.

Just a curious discussion here on the Tleilaxu. Say your thoughts and such.

ya...I just saw them as women that they harvested from Zensunni Wanderers that have not been "found" by the empire. And that the Ixian women were just unlucky to be conquered by them. The Tleilaxu probably saw this as a great opportunity to pump out more creations thanks to the addition of more women to create into tanks.

• 1 year later...

That's an error. An axlotl tank is a tank in the real sense of word, with inside some kind of biological being, from which (and thanks to which) the "child" is generated. Infact in Heretics, Odrade says to Tleilaxy Master "We, Holy Mothers won't be Axlotl thanks!", and later in Chapterhouse some Holy Mothers "WILLINGLY become Axlotl thanks" ("Oh, how willingly they accepted to be Axlotl thanks!").

BUT wasn't it in one of the presqual that a reverend mother was captured on IX and turned inot a tank for the production of the psudo-spice and it turned out that the reverend mothers were alot better then IX women or Tleilaxu women,

Thus any female can be turned inot a tank

The axlotl tanks are women converted as such that an outsider can grow any being in at his pleasing (asuming he has the right skills) so yoiu can grow a tleilaxu master, a ghola or a face-dancer at your pleasing

and yes, do not trust the prequels, they tend to complicate matters