Dune Emperor-on PS2?

I was wondering- does anybody know if Westwood is making Dune Emperor also for the Playstation 2? If so, that would be great, but only if they avoid such a quality of graphics that exists with Dune 2000 on the PSX- the graphics were way terrible, and could have been a lot better; in other words, a near-direct port (at least graphically) would be appreciated.

Guest Tabaqui of Gidur-log

I dont think that it would be a good idea to put a game like this onto a console, because of its comlexity you would need a lot of buttons to operate your units, which a consoledoesn't have.

Well dreamcast can go online. and it has a mouse and a keybored. imagin playing dune on your tv. with a keybored and mouse. With a standerd controler theres to many buttens but with a keybored and mouse you might pull it off. And woulden't online play be cool.

I agree about the 3D thing- Dune2k on the PSX was horrible in graphics. Yet, with the graphics capability of a PS2, it has a LOT better chance than its predecessor. As for it on the Dreamcast, it may work on it too, and has a better chance of being made, since it's kind of hard to program stuff for the PS2, from what I've heard. I think a PS2 may have more capability to fulfill such a quality of brilliant graphics, though, but to have a console version for either system would be great, if it avoids the same fate of Dune2k for the PSX.

What do you mean? The dreamcast is the seconed most powerful system out there plus with online suport. And its not as dificult to wright games for unlike the PS-2. and dose the PS-2 have online suport noooooo. and don't do that popularity carp either. Ijust visited Videogames.com and under system wars you can vote for the system that you think is the best. here are the resultes

Dreamcast 55%

PS-2 25%

nintedo 8%

but its not done yet. but as you can see the dreamcast is in the lead.

I mean a guy from EA came to our University to talk about gaming and metioned they wouldn't be making too many games for the Dreamcast but instead focusing more on the Playstation 2. I don't really know that much about the differences between the two, that's just what he said.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry did'nt notice this posting before I asked the same thing.

Dreamcast maybe but multiplayer via the net no way, it's too crap and slow for such a thing

Ps2 it can be done, programming problems?, not any more besides they all said the same thing about the psx and look what happened.

As for PS2 net multiplayer no-one knows about the capabilites of the modem so can't say much untill sony say more.

The control interface was workable on the Dune2000 psx version but will definatley need work for any future games.

By the way anyone found out about x-box versions, after all the console isn't out yet which gives developers more time to get used to the console without (hopefully) releasing shitty games.

• 1 year later...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I rely on having my PC to get all the newest Westwood/C&C/(new)Dune games, if they put them on PS2 I will have to buy one. More people have a PC than PS2/XBox and so they should stick to PC releases until, as mentionerd earlier, they see if other PC to XBox conversions are crap or not.

:P PS What would they do if they developed the XBox version of Emperor and then the XBox was as big a flop as the Dreamcast?