Homeworld problem

My Homeworld go back to Windows everytime exactly after my mothership make the hyperjump at the start of the 8 mission.

I have the normal/old HW, not the game of the year edition. and this happen only in the mission 8.

Game of the Year edition is just a rerelease. It includes the soundtrack and v1.05 patch on a CD as well as the Prima strategy guide. So what applies to one applies to the other.

Make sure that you have the v1.05 patch installed. If you already have that, try to switch between DirectX and OpenGL renderers in the video configuration and see if the problem still persists.

You can find the patch here:

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld/updates/si_homeworld_update_105.exe

- No mods installed

- Win 98 SE

- I have that patch already installed (because I had a problem that the game didn`t detected my HW cd)

- There have been no changes except the installation of HW and patch.

- With OpenGl it still happen + some damn lockups.

What happen on mission 8? Something heavy to load or something? ???[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

For some reason I remember having a problem with it shutting down or freezing when the flagship took off.(not mission 8, start of game) But that was a while ago and I played it little. Don't know what fixed it.

Sorry :(

have you reinstalled the game? (while backing up the savegame)

For some reason I remember having a problem with it shutting down or freezing when the flagship took off.(not mission 8, start of game) But that was a while ago and I played it little. Don't know what fixed it.

Sorry :(

have you reinstalled the game? (while backing up the savegame)

Not shure, didn't you have to copy the file representing the ship / module to another directory or something like that. . . ???