A sequel to Dune 1?

pencilgod

Hi,

It's me, Pencilgod, the guy that once started the warcraft III campaign of Dune 1. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the campaign, but I have released some (quite medoicre) skins. In the past six months, my Photoshop skills have increased a lot, and I was voted best skinner of wc3campaigns (biggest wc3 modding site) and best skinner of BrokenEdge (an affliated site). I was wondering, would anyone be interested in making a sequel to Dune 1, continuing the story to the second dune book? if we were to attempt this, we would need some good motivated programmers, who can program in Flash or any other program, and some artists. I could do a lot of the art. We might need some musicians too, and ofcourse, some storywriters.

So, is there anyone interested in this idea?

Wow, I'd love to help. Though I'm making a game of my own, my duties have been mostly conceptual, and that's all they'll be unfortunately :P So if I bide my time, I can run my game and help out with yours :) So, onward I say!

I can do... :

-Basic Programming

-Conceptual Design

-Mod Consultations

The latter one if you desire the game to be moddable... would, I believe, be very useful :) And, I can write just as damn well as Apollyon, so we'll have to co-write something :D

Since Dune 1 is mostly an adventure game, one or more good storywriters and a good programmer would be the most important thing. It would also be a plus if you played the original Dune 1 game (just download it) and see what we're trying to reach. In my opinion, it would be cool to continue the story into the second Dune book. This might be hard, 'cause most military action appears in the first Dune chapter, so we could do a remake of the first book too. We could take the actors from the miniseries as models for the characters. It would also be nice to make the strategy element a bit deeper (more units, weapons etc. ). I suggest we first try to find some skilled programmers, even Flash will do, and put them in charge of the project, so we're sure it can go on :) .

PS.: It's not gonna be a warcraft III mod, but a full game, if possible. Since the original is from 1992, it shouldn't be too hard to create a sequel or remake in the same style :) .

Well, my engine may soon be ready enough to be modded into a Dune 1 like adventure game. With little effort, it's going to be a great stand-alone game.

So if you're interested in easy programming, you can wait until my engine is moddable enough.