removing the "Defeat" word

Navaros

how can i remove the Defeat word from my Emperor 1.09?

this is especially annoying when i have to see it displayed across the middle of my screen constantly while i am observing games. i almost never lose, so i don't appreciate having big huge ugly "DEFEAT" splashed across my screen while i'm trying to observe a game.

i need that to be removed. someone tell me what file to edit to remove this, or make me a Mod to remove it.

thx

Surely the text isn't that large that it gets in the way of your view? I was not aware of a font set used in the game that would be large enough to obscure. I've not come across this particular message, but I assume it's the same size as the 'Victory' message when you win, yes?

If so, I do not see what is wrong.

"i almost never lose, so i don't appreciate having big huge ugly "DEFEAT" splashed across my screen while i'm trying to observe a game"

Well, firstly, why would you get the defeat message if you haven't lost? And secondly, even if it has come up for no reason, how much harm does it do?

I believe that the only way to mod this has been suggested anyway, and since it won't work unless everyone has the mod, there's not much we can do.

Nema - Emperor has no "Observer" mode like most other current RTS games. So to play the role of "Observer", one has to start a game and then "Retreat" all his units from the map. This Results in a big, ugly, offensive "DEFEAT" word being permanentely plastered across the middle of my screen.

It very much *does* obstruct my view of the battle, and even worse, has a very negative psychological & emotional impact which thereby prevents me from enjoying my Observation experience. It needs to go.

I don't want to hear "It can not be done on WOL unless everyone has the Mod." I want it *GONE*. So please get rid of it. Of course it can be done. If *you guys* can't do it, that is because you have not been "cracking the code" hard enough.

PS: INOCULATOR STOP EDITING MY POSTS FFS! ABUSE YOUR POWER WITH *SOMEONE ELSE*!

"I assume it's the same size as the 'Victory' message when you win, yes?"

Well, if it obscures your view, how much bigger than the 'Victory' message is it? We may need to identify the font file.

"even worse, has a very negative psychological & emotional impact which thereby prevents me from enjoying my Observation experience"

Oh, come on! If you really that emotionally attached to the text on your computer screen, then the problem lies not with the game...

"I don't want to hear "It can not be done on WOL unless everyone has the Mod." It want it *GONE*. So please get rid of it. Of course it can be done. If *you guys* can't do it, that is because you have not been "cracking the code" hard enough"

Well, you could make the font file transparent, but I suspect that it would mean you will be unable to see most of the menu text at all. We might be able to remove only the letters D, e, f, e, a, and t, so that you will only be missing those letters whenever you use the menus... but I'd need you to confirm (or give us a screenshot) of the defeat thing.

As to "cracking the code", unless you want us to do something illegal, I believe you won't get further than the inis or the font, the two things I have suggested. There are a great many things we cannot do, and many more that we cannot do without everyone having copies of the files. A great deal of mod use has the prerequisite that you have to put up with a little bit of annoyance from time to time.

I think your request would be more appreciated if you did not phrase it so much like a demand, instructing us to work harder, and declaring that you want it gone. Though this may surprise you, Dune Editing is a place where we get along by being polite, and your "thx" and almost-sarcastic-sounding "please" do not go very far towards this.