Who is your favourite character?

Dunenewt

Who was your favourite Character?

Mine was Gurney Halleck

It was a shame he wasn't 'resurected' as a ghola

That might come in Dune 7. I'm currently rereading Chapterhouse, and (spoiler) in the zero-enthropycapsule Scytale has in him, there are genetic samples of basically everyone important in the Dune series...

• 2 months later...

I like Hecate, one of the original titans. She was a bit gaudy with her robot bodies but she was trying to make a difference helping the humans however they wanted her to. I was highly disappointed with how she was offed. I kinda wish I could be one of them except not with the foolish idea of ruling and dominating everything. I'd want to just live on and on and on and on and .......

Mine is Leto II, or Tuek the priest in Heretics. A guy who is so overlooked and so castigated by the bene gesserit just because he seemed to be "dim", but was so innocent, and so meaningful in his faith, that the bene gesserit and the tleilaxu took advantage, and killed him.

I hate odrade with a passion, damn witch didnt care at all, and her idea of compassion is so warped and so manipulative that it is beyond me why frank even created her. argh.lol

I have a problem with the bene gesserit, you can tell.hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I love 4 caracters: Duncan, Chani, Ghanima and Odrade.

duncan is the hero of the classics novels: he represents the humankind with all his behaviours.

Chani and Ghani are 2 wonderful girls who sacrify themselves for higher objectives and for the men they love(Paul and leto).

And odrade because she is a great leader and see the how the BG have to change.

But each caracter is wonderful; for instance hasimir fenring. He takes part in the BG program and has a great potential but it is a failure in the program. Don't you think he knows what he represents?????

What was frank's entire purpose of writing the novels? he would tell you it was simply entertainment. He says that over and over in his author's notes. Hating and loving characters is apart of this, and I think frank would love it that people are so deeply moved by the creations he has made. Whether he made them for his own liking or for the simple dispising from the fans of the books.

About people who hate certain characters, Frank obviously didn't mean all of them to inspire sympathy...lol. Baron Harkonnen is absolutely vile but at the same time one of the best bad guys ever.

quite agree ;)

It is so cool that he look upon himself as evil, in a somewhat realistic universe. He has no moral and cares only about profit, but does also take time for pleasures such as torture.

he is absolutely the best bad guy ever!!

I hate odrade with a passion, damn witch didnt care at all, and her idea of compassion is so warped and so manipulative that it is beyond me why frank even created her. argh.lol

I have a problem with the bene gesserit, you can tell.hehe

Odrade is an interesting character, the successfull mix of discipline and feelings. That's just what a mother has to be.