Who is your favourite character?

Dunenewt

Well I'm generally fond of the Bene Gesserit characters. Odrade, Lucilla, Mohiam and especially Irulan and Taraza. Most favourite is difficult to decide.... Jessica. Yes, definately Jessica.

(Including prequels, same. Although I also like the Cymeks and Sorceresses of Rossak, all of 'em. ;D )

*Mutters* Despised Leto II, oh how I despised him...So very, very much...

There's a three-way tie for my favorite character: Paulus and Leto Atreides (Come on, these two were fun, funny, and sort of always had a deep, spiritual sense about them), and finally, Thufir Hawat. I always loved Thufir because he was a tactical mastermind, always had a say in whatever and was extremely loyal... (Swear, almost cried when he died...Such a cool guy).

• 2 weeks later...

Murbella is so hot!

*Mutters* Despised Leto II, oh how I despised him...So very, very much...

Duncan to be preferred and LetoII to be despised?

May be you should read GEoD again, that's actually the reverse (GEoD is constructed just as "Hellstrom's Hive"):

At start:

Duncan is the typical atreides hero that is supposed to save the universe from the villain, namely the hideous and tyrannical LeotoII.

The story:

Duncan makes attempts to eliminate what is supposed to be the monstruous threat, but repeatedly fails. So Duncan is not an atreides hero, an atreides hero never fail.

The pivot:

The love story is pivotal. Obviously LetoII is the lover, whereas Duncan is just possessive and sexually actracted. That is what changes the reader's mind about LetoII and Duncan.

At end:

LetoII is the typical atreides hero who saves the universe thanks to his far-reaching vision. Duncan is the villain that conducts the universe into chaos because of reactionary values and love jealousy.

Now explain me why, according to you, i should prefer Duncan and despise LetoII.

You surely have been tricked because Duncan is attractive whereas LetoII is repulsive, Frank Herbert has trapped you with reversed clich

• 3 weeks later...