XWIS: XCC WOL IRC Server

XTF

the XWISC.zip doesn't work here either. Page not found. Sigh.

And the server on Emperor seems dead. Chat says that there are about 7 people online. But no games in sight. Everybody already has a game...

If thats the XWIS server, go on the game, message someone, ask them to call you using msgr when they finish their game. We do that to stop people having to hang around the lobby fiddling their thumbs (or doing whatever leo does while we would fiddle our thumbs... ;)).

Only other reasonable option would be to check the "who's online" web page regular while you surf...

The XWIS (Xcc Wol Irc Server) Server works using the IRC protocol, so I have been told. As far as I can say, thats all it has to do with IRC. Your game uses IRC protocol to talk to the server, but we dont need to know that to play the game.

This thread isnt about IRC as such, its about the server that uses IRC.

• 2 months later...

Just another question:

When you say, "log on to the xwisc server using a unique sn," are you saying there's no need to register with Westwood Online?  How do you register with WOL anyhow?  (I don't even remember how I did it, I just remember it being a long, involved, irritating trial.)

to log on xwis, u dont have to register on wol....just get the xwis tool, wich directs u to the server and login with any nick and a strong password. thats it. for wol u still have to register in the old way, but u have to use a special site. u will find the url here in the board.

and as far as i know, wol is working again...

KALONY

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you ever log on to RA's server ? He would have an encrypted copy of your password if you ever did.

well thats just it... my password that i *remember* works on RA1024's server.... when i use that password on Olaf's server it doesnt work.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a query about about any other useful programs that can be used with emperor. I  was also looking for no cd patch that works. Cause changing cds between games is becomming tiresome. Guess I could use daemon tools right enough judt thought of that. Well any feed back in regards to this would be appreiacted.

Cheers.