commandos 3 demo

Emperor Harkonnen

I tried something like that, but then not in a very smart way. So I'll try that. I keep forgetting that the Sapper has more then just bombs...

Hmm, I hate timed missions, it is not the concept of Commandos. It is more that you can take all time trying to solve the puzzle.

The Diver? Never heard of him :)

I thought something like that, otherwise he would have only 1 mission at the most.

Thanks Gob, I finished the mission. I after that I finished the other 2 missions as well. And now I have finished the game. Like I said, the game is good, but on the short side.

[hide]I now see why I imagined the mission harder then it appeared. When the objective said that I needed to blow up the Fuel Tanks, I thought I had to blow up all Tanks (the ones which shoot and can move) And I couldn't figure out how to do it, because 2 of them leave the map from the north side.

Btw, you can also use grenades against tanks[/hide]

Yep I just beat it too. :D

I agree that the game was too short, the second one seemed to last much longer and you also used more of the characters in the missions. Missions also seemed to be larger in the second game too. There are hints of an expansion pack or something at the end though...

• 3 weeks later...

true, but the problem was that the barracks produced unlimited patrols, and there were few corners right for that sort of business. as if they shoot from long distance or from your back, you're a dead man :- . I think that the pistol was better at attracting enemies than that little thing that the green barret carried.

Not unlimited. After a while the patrols stop :)

And hiding right behind the first corner near the barracks makes it go quickly...

Haven't commandos 3 yet, but I probably will get it some time.

Somebody mentioned that commandos2 is to hard... strange... I haven't finished it yet but I find it way to easy. Very often I find some way to get through an area/clean up an area and re-load my game again because it was to simple and thus un-satisfying and I went to look for a more complicated way to get through/clear out an area.

As for silent killing techniques... why even kill at all? In the entire game I have never killed more than 4 soldiers, 1 only died because he was in a place I had to bomb to complete the mission and I could not carry him down a ladder and the other 3 died because they were a part of a troop group (:D) that I could not knock out and tie up because as soon as I did anything to one of them they somehow noticed it even when they were being distracted... resultingly they all met their fate from a grenade as they were the last 3 guys in the level. I suppose though that anybody in vehicles I have destroyed at the ends of missions have died to... Also, during the bits where soldiers come into the level invading or whatever they're doing, I am usually forced to kill most of them

Other than that though I have nuetralized every guard I have seen in the game so far without hurting them except I think I once left a 4 man line up once be. I have gotten 4/5 merit for every mission (almost always I only last a merit point for get 1/5 merit on time) and have easily completed all of bonus missions so far. And this is all on the hardest difficulty.

So I definetly wouldn't say that the second game is to hard and I don't really see why anyone needs to use guns anyway... although when I'm bored I often have my commandos grab a flamethrower,some explosive, and other fully loaded guns to go a ''spree'' before re-loading

I didnt liked it. It was basically Commandos2 with shorter missions and with worse controls.Not talking of the time required to beat the whole game.

Plus it was too easy.Too much firepower and less knife/stealth tactics

IMO, Commandos1 and its exp. pack remains the best.

Really disappointed.

Commandos means stealth. Not rocket launchers and stuff like that. Most of the missions can be completed using only guns.Ridicolous.

In Cm1 instead firing a bullet means 99% death for you.

You could still use the heavy loud weapons, but only after the "fireworks" (Blowing up key buildings)

But there must have been some missions which you can't finish using fire weapons. Like the "Infiltrate the Train Station" and "Board the Train" missions. And I believe you shouldn't be too noisy in the "Kill the Traitor" mission.

I'm not so negative about such missions where you need firearms. But I hate the missions which timers. I don't think that is commandos-style.

so what if they are n00b friendly, we need more sold commandos games.(btw. I am no n00b, been playing the games since C1 BEL came out)

timer though is kinda cool I think. it makes the missions harder! many of the c3 missions would be too easy without the timer. though it wouldn't fit into c1. Commandos BEL is the best game though, mostly because of that many of the missions are in wide open terrains and that is the kind of misions I associate with commandos