Paul's Jihad

Guest John Teepee

Guest John Teepee

I noticed this the 4th time I read Dune.  Did anyone else?  Either shortly before or after (I think after) Paul fought Jamis, he (Paul) felt he was missing something, that there was something he should do.  The book then went on to say that he felt he had missed something important and that in the background he could feel the Jihad.  Perhaps there was something he could have done in that moment that would have minimized/eliminated the Jihad.  Remember, while Paul was having prescient dreams and minimal spice trances he had not yet become fully prescient.  Comments?

You just restarted the worst war of the threads.  The whole nazi police state Atreides and whether Paul is evil or not arguement, the could Paul have stopped the Jihad or not arguement.  The Arguement that nearly brought the thread into the ultimate flame war with warring religions, philosophies, ideals, and personal thoughts on the topic.  Am I overdramatizing my answer?

Sounds like a good topic Ordos  :'(

I'm gonna say nothing other than this post....and please dont hurt me  ;D

Just dont start that up again. There probably could of been something he could of done at the moment but what it was and how it would be executed is beyond me and im not even gonna try and think about  ;D

Ive just finished reading the book and ill have another look later.

How long have you guys been interested in the Dune stuff?  Ive only been interested in the 6 months and its brilliant.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, that owuldn't ahve made a difference.  It says over and over that if Paul had died, then the jihad would still ahve occured in his name.  In fact, n page 37 of Dune Messiah and again on page 142 (I may be off by a page or two on that second one) it states that there was absolutly nothing whatsoever Paul could have done to prevent the Jihad.  The Jihad chose him, not the other wya around.

• 3 weeks later...