What Generation are You?

Gobalopper

When did you start visiting FED2k?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start visiting FED2k?

• Pre Dune 2000 (1998)
    • Post Dune 2000 (1999)
    • The Wait (2000)
    • Pre Emperor (2001)
    • Post Emperor (2002)
    • Today (2003)

In between pre and post Emperor, voted as post though. Came here few times before the WW boards shut down; Ghosty_S was the one that got me to do the muzak for the KH Mod.

This is the only site I have continued to visit since I registered ... its like the mafia it just keeps drawing you back in :D

In between pre and post Emperor, voted as post though. Came here few times before the WW boards shut down; Ghosty_S was the one that got me to do the muzak for the KH Mod.

This is the only site I have continued to visit since I registered ... its like the mafia it just keeps drawing you back in :D

That's post emperor, i came here somewhere in december 2001 as a guest. :P

I started visiting fed2k when i bought a copy of dune 2, i actively played redalert and tiberium sun at the time and came here for more info on all the games, movies and books. it was really cool that there were also a lot of the book readers here as well. and after emperor came out and bought that one i was comming here daily for maps and info...

And i didn't bother register till i wanted more interactivity and community.

I started visiting in 2000 for info on Dune 2 and Dune 2000 but I didn't join the forums until late 2001

Actually, after looking after my first few posts I remember that I was actually looking for info on FH's Dune when I first joined the forums

it seems that people had it different than me. I had never joined a forum before and didnt even know what one was. I visited fed2k though every day and even had it as my home page for a bit. It was during 2000, and I was around awhile before the site had it's huge makeover. I remember the banner that you could obviously tell was made in 3dstudio, with the worm riding over the sand dunes with the sun almost setting. and the colors were kinda like they are now but arranged differently. I finally joined in late 2001, before emperor came out. I remember reading people's interpritations of what "Dune 3" or "Dune 3k" might have been. it was neat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first visited this site in '99/2000 - I can't quite remember - to check out stuff about Dune 2000 (I had started playing it). I thought it was a very cool site, then promptly forgot about it!

...Until 2001, when I joined to discuss EBFD (I bought it a few weeks later). 2001 is what I voted because that is when I actually started visiting this site regularly; before I had just stumbled upon it.

Judging from the dates provided by Gob, I believe it was April or May of 1998. I was surfing the internet, probably looking for Dune II midi files, and came across information on this upcoming game called Dune 2000. Back then there were a handful of sites around but because having "First Ever" in the name was an excellent marketing ploy (have to give Gob credit for that one) and because it was just a good site altogether, it gradually became my primary source of information on the Dune games.

Ahh, remember those early days? The excitement of a <hack, cough> remake of the legendary Dune II. The expectations of the revolutionary C&C (a supurb game for it's time, and arguably the true sequal to Dune II) being brought back to the deserts from whence it came. The anticipation of seeing an actor of the calibre of John-Rhys Davis perform on this magnificent backdrop of sand and heat. After Dune2k, E:BfD, to say nothing of D:G and FHD, though, I think it will be a long time before the developers gain my explicit faith again. Praise be to modders!

FED2k is now one of the few sites I keep on my browser's Favourites menu because it is not only my source of information on the Dune computer games, but all things Dune. It was here I first heard about the novels and it was here that I learned of the miniseries. Also it houses one of the best libraries of Dune-related images, a library I have come to depend on for my various projects.

Thank you Gob, and thank you Staff, for the excellent work you have done for and on behalf of the Dune fan community.

--Bashar

• 2 weeks later...