What Generation are You?

Gobalopper

When did you start visiting FED2k?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start visiting FED2k?

• Pre Dune 2000 (1998)
    • Post Dune 2000 (1999)
    • The Wait (2000)
    • Pre Emperor (2001)
    • Post Emperor (2002)
    • Today (2003)

Emperor came out in 2001 so the Poll question isn't a very good one, since it lists "pre-Emperor" only as 2001

furthermore, Gob, you should have included an option for the many of us who were your buddy from the old WW board and joined fed2k because it shut down. we should be given more respect than that Poll gives us in it's current form.

as well, i don't see what the purpose of this Poll is. don't you already have access to all that information at your fingertips? if so, why ask in a Poll?

Emperor came out in 2001 so the Poll question isn't a very good one, since it lists "pre-Emperor" only as 2001

So Put a date in the poll and post the exact time and date you joined this board in a post (I believe it was asked to post if you voted). What's the big deal ?

furthermore, Gob, you should have included an option for the many of us who were your buddy from the old WW board and joined fed2k because it shut down. we should be given more respect than that Poll gives us in it's current form.

It's just a poll which asks when we joined. There's no need for another option "I joined, cause the boards closed and I'm Gob's buddy" ::)

as well, i don't see what the purpose of this Poll is. don't you already have access to all that information at your fingertips? if so, why ask in a Poll?

Who cares, he feels like asking.

When I've looked into Temp in my notebook, I've found a web page of D2k, with that old blue-red design. But that thing can't access net very easily, so I am not sure if it was me, who got there. I have modem since september 2001, maybe somewhere in that time I've found D2k and finally in march '02 joined. I would say I am pre-Empy generation, altough my main course was Dune Editing in that time.

I found my way to this hidden treasure online when I was visiting the Westwood site for Emperor. I used to check the Emperor boards on the official Westwood site, but then when they were shut down and the notice and link were put up mentioning this site, I came here. I almost instantly liked what I saw after a quick browse through, and it all started from there. Ever since then, I've always checked here regularly.

Having said that, I guess that means I fall into the Post Emperor category.

As I said the dates are estimates and aren't entirely accurate.

Not everyone registered right away and back when guest posting was enabled they could post without joining. Some people have also gotten new accounts since then.

And post/pre is based on the games release ken.