Preparation: The Long War

Babylon

It is the year 2003. After countless years, WWII still hasn't ended. D-Day in 1944 was a failure. Hitler himself has died 20 years ago of natural couses. His predicers isn't as good in politics, but is much better as a militairy master-mind.

Here are the factions:

Germany: Still holds most of Europe and has conquered Great Brittain as well. Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, France are allmost completly NAZI. No one really objects to the German ruling.

Itally: Still somewhat an independent country has no other land conquered and lies at the mercy of Germany.

Great Brittain: Conquered by NAZI Germany, but still has a well organized underground rebel community.

USSR: The long years of battle and the lose of valuable land to Germany and Japan has allmost left the USSR bled dry.

China: Still in hands of the Japanese.

India: Captured by the Japanese.

Japan: Holding most of the Pacific and the Far East, Japan can match Germany in power.

Australia: Struggling to mantain independency, but Japan is close.

US: After leaving Europe to itself in 1968 it tries hard to defend it self against the on-going attacks of Japan.

Neutral: Most of the south of Africa, Spain, South America (allthough Brazil is also controlled by a sort of NAZI government).

Well, thats the big picture. You can think of the new technologies and choose your side.

Does it sound good?

(oh, one last thing:

NO WMD's (no nukes, no chemical, no biological))

A friend of my (who is very interested in everything about WWII) tipped me to have some nuclear wasteland. This would be logical after such a long war.

So change in plans:

The USSR is slowly become re-accassable after the Germans dropped a few nukes on it in 1968. Live slowly prospers there once again. (This is one of the reasons the US left Europe in 1969).

Oh, and I will be the underground rebels of Brittain.

(remember: I said nothing about the Middle East. Anyone can join and declare a new state there ;) (Isreal was never formed :))

Faction: The Royal (underground) Empire of Russia.

History: In 1970 a woman claiming to be the daughter of the last Tsar of Russia (Nicholas Romanov II) turned up in the barely-surviving USSR. She was quickly exposed to be a fake, but her companion underwent the same DNA testing and proved to be an almost exact match to the Romanov genes (alright, so I'm changing scientific principle slightly. So what?).

Of course the USSR made every attempt to discredit and disprove the findings as well as the young man in question. As a result he and those who believed in him were forced underground to form the Royal (underground) Empire of Russia. Now an extensive spy network, it is considerably richer than the USSR, and of close to equal strength. It is also however, completely underground (literally, they live in tunnels).

Leader: Tsar Mikhail Romanov and Tsarina Anastasia. No children.

Current status: Controls the port of Archangel, and has an extensive spy network across all of Russia and most of Eastern Europe.

Followers: All the soviets who are disillusioned with Stalinism. The outcasts, the underappreciated. It is an underground army (not always in the literal sense) with spies everywhere in the USSR.

That's me! :)

By the way, the USSR is still playable for those that may want it.

Ok, nEwT you can be Brittain. I'll be Japan (didn't want to take one of the largest forces by myself, but your making me :))

Dust Scout, smart move! Living underground gets you away from nucleat fall-out!

Faction: Emperial Japan

History: Never being nuclear bombed by America (Einstein never left Germany and Germany was the first to have nukes) the kept expanding. Now holding a significant part of the Far East and controlling most of the Pacific, Japan had all the time they needed to form the second largest army in the world (only surpassed by Germany). They need most of this army to control it's lands and borders but still have enough left to keep the US busy.

In 1987 Japan declared war on Germany but there is not much fighting going on, since they have no linking borders.

Leader: Emperor Hirotio

Political system: Follow the emperor or be killed (simple as that. Well at least at first site. When we take a closer look, the emperor is not really in charge, a bunch of old guys is :))

Well my strongest advantage is also my strongest disadvantage. Ultimate military superiority underground. The vast majority of my resources are leeched from the USSR, only a little being provided by my own mines, forges, etc. All undergound.

Living so close to a fall out zone has 'altered' the citizens of the Empire. Over many years they have adapted far quicker than usual to the underground conditions, making their eyesight far better, among other things. This has also affected the animals present in the caves, producing massive lizards, beetles, and others. These are a danger to anyone in the tunnels. These are advantages and disadvantages.

Well do as Dust Scout did. Make up your own. But do realize that the US is weaker than Japan or Germany. Those are the two strongest parties nowerdays. But they are at war with eachother to.

I will start the war-threat

Well, it definitly isn't the strongest. And about technologie, remember a lot of scientist didn't leave Germany as they did in the real history. Germany now has the technologie and the supplies (aluminium). But go right ahead and invent something.

You have no idea how incorrect you are about some historical details. :P

Still, I remind myself. It is an RPG ...

*Repeats*

I do know, if this was really the case, Germany and Japan would have conquered Europe, Azia and Africa years ago, time enough to launch a combined attack on America and the world would now be the fighting ground for Germany and Japan (I've played Axis & Allies :))

• 2 weeks later...