Stop Spamming!

nemafakei

I know there are many of you who complain about cheating, hacking, etc.  I do not condone it, and it is wrong.

But that is no reason to bring it up in a discussion board about Emperor. Please do it either by IM, or elsewhere. I do not want this board turning out like the WW one.

come one guys we cant let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch...  not everyone from the WW Forums drone on aboot it.  But we have a few village idiots that we thought we left behind.... :P they found us ;D

posting too often.

Stop. Else Gob may take action.

Technically that isn't spamming.  If I made 100 posts in an hour that were interesting to read then would I be warnned? or even banned?  I'm sorry, but the way you said if you post too often you'll get in trouble, sorta ruins the community spirit.

I do agree that spammers suck, but saying PUBLICly that if you post to much you'll get in hot water, sounds silly.  

I can see it now.  Posters, huddled in the corner of a forum, by a light barrel.  THeir eyes darting from left to right.  Hoping that no-one noticed that they posted twice in one day.

A forum is for discussing, helping out other people and generally being involved with a sort of community.  And by saying this, it's almost like public censorship.  I would of thought that this post would be better IM to the offending parties, as how sure are you that every single one of the spammers, you are aiming at, are gonna read this?  Even if they did, there's no-way to prove it.  A IM is alot better for this purpose, as it doesn't create the was of web space, and allow another topic for poeple to spam in.

maybe I missed the point entirely (wouldn't surpirse me), but it's just the way you phrased it.

There is no way to post 100 posts in one hour. There is a 60-second waiting time frame between every post. So you can only make about 59 or possibly 60 posts at the max in an hour. And do you really have time to read the posts on each thread and still respond to them in a minute?

And needless posts, like 'yep' etc. are also spamming. And that counts also for starting needless topics. Like 'why do you hate me' etc.

This isn't a chatroom. And that is what many people are still forgetting. It is asked so many times to stop, and those (who spam) still continue.

There is no way to post 100 posts in one hour. There is a 60-second waiting time frame between every post. So you can only make about 59 or possibly 60 posts at the max in an hour. And do you really have time to read the posts on each thread and still respond to them in a minute?

The term 'figure of speech' comes to mind.

---

Thanks for clearing that up, Nema Fakei.

We were talking about what happens to people who spam (posting needless things, not one but dozens)

First they get a warning

Then they are banned for a week (that means they can't acces the forums for a week)

And if it all not helps, then a permanent ban. You can never acces the forums ever.

But the last happens only 2 times. So don't be afraid ;)