wtf religion is everyone

i wanna know what relgion everyone is im not about to read ALL of these threads to find out.

So post here what you are.

I am athiest becauyse theres no proof god exsist.

Only small children, poor people, and stupid people should believe in any kind of god. why? because its fiction.

FICTION FICTION FICTION.

try to prove me wrong.

i wanna know what relgion everyone is im not about to read ALL of these threads to find out.

I am a Christian.

I am athiest becauyse theres no proof god exsist.

There is no proof that He DOESn't exist.

why? because its fiction.

Then ask yourself this: those who created religion, what, exactly, did they gain on creating it?

i dont know why they did it!!

thats the point! why would they?! its pointless!

now you say that theres no proof he doesnt exsist.

Theres also no proof that dune isn't real. Does that mean it is?

Hell no. It's the exact same concept.

i dont know why they did it!!

thats the point! why would they?! its pointless!

Beginning to see the picture?

now you say that theres no proof he doesnt exsist.

Theres also no proof that dune isn't real. Does that mean it is?

And that is the point. You can't say God doesn't exist because we have no proof. You'll have to believe, or not believe. The choice is up to you.

Then why do people believe? It's confortable, you don't have to think that you are all alone. That there will be nothing after you die, but that you go to Heaven etc.

"Beginning to see the picture?"

Ok wtf. you're saying that because there was no reason for them to do it, god made them. That's just fucking random.

there was no reason for me to win on poker . did i have telepathy? why would u think that, you wouldnt

"And that is the point. You can't say God doesn't exist because we have no proof. You'll have to believe, or not believe. The choice is up to you. "

yeah.. but WHY do you believe, if theres no proof. REAlly, what do you gain?

i can say that star wars isn't real even though i dont have proof.

'Then why do people believe? It's confortable, you don't have to think that you are all alone. That there will be nothing after you die, but that you go to Heaven etc. "'

face it when you die you're not goin to heaven dude. just like im not gonna become one with the force and turn all blue and glowy and stand next to yoda in an ewok villiage.

thers just as much of a chance either way so why do ppl beleive the bible and not star wars? huh?

Burden of proof lies on the positive claim ;) Whether that is saying that there is no god or saying that there is a god. (It isn't hard to disprove the Judeo-Christian god)

Answer me this Dude_doc, why did the orators create the Greek mythology?

Burden of proof lies on the positive claim ;) Whether that is saying that there is no god or saying that there is a god. (It isn't hard to disprove the Judeo-Christian god)

Answer me this Dude_doc, why did the orators create the Greek mythology?

That's still a mystery, I doubt that they made up Pegasus or any of the other mythology crap.

Maybe the so called 'Angels from God' are just aliens with bird wings.

Either way, I'm neutral between the existance and non-existance of god.

Edit: Isn't your sig exceeding the size limits? And your chat style is appalling.

Unfortunately Anakin, that is a functional belief. The people who "created religion" are long dead, and if there motives were to explain things they couldn't understand, we have yet to prove it.

I am an atheist, but I acknowledge the place of religion, though I believe it is one of the greatest dividing forces our world will ever know. Muslims and Christians at each other's throats (in general) and atheists are generally against everyone. When religion is dropped, the world will become a much better place. I suppose you can counter that by saying "God will kill us all should that happen" but flippity flop ;)

Hey, Unicorns exist, so why not Pegasus? ::)

Ah yes, and it's refreshing to see Acriku's rolling eyes once again at his Atheist point of view.

If you say Unicorns are not real, that's like saying aliens are not real.

Maybe Unicorns became extinct or vanished from the face of the planet without one trace.

Because if they did existed, scientists would rather see them as a evolution of a hybrid species.

Only small children, poor people, and stupid people should believe in any kind of god. why? because its fiction

I am suprised nobody has commented on this.

I suppose socrates was one of those stupid people then right?

he was poor, ugly, unlikable and frankly a big asshole. The sophists hated him because he went against the conformed thinking of the time. He himself as well as his students after him believed in a higher power. The greeks called him an athiest because he did not accept the greek pantheon. Some foolish athiests like to point out that socrates was an athiest in ignorance, because they dont realize that he was branded and killed with that name because he did nto believe in the greek pantheon. He did however believe in a vital force. One of his educational decendents by the name of aristotle said "to the knowledge of spiritual wisdom goes the jews and persians."

of course they are foolish.

Einstein was foolish as well, because he was at times poor, and also believed in a vital force. Not in ways you would understand. In his book The world as I see it, he talks about what he believes exactly. He states that there is a God, but not in the sense of some sort of personal diety that bases itself on a relationship. He says that it is a god that is fully transcendent and has no communication with us. He calls the God of the bible and other gods "the God of give and take." Still though he was by no means an athiest. He made many scientific errors, but as you well know he did come up with some pretty groundbreaking stuff.

I could go on and on. A poor person is equated with ignorance? you are starting to sound like fred engels... good grief. Trying to equate a diest viewpoint as ignorant?

dude doc was right. There is no evidance to deny the existance of a God, it fits within the idea that there was a vital force that created the universe and patches the many holes in what we dont understand, so it is as good a theory as any other speculative theory out there like athiesm.

What you said was simple and stupid. Now I wouldnt be upset if you were being general for a specific purpose. Like if you were directing yourself towards a specific group that actually does harbor ignorance. Sometimes steriotypes do fit. You do not make any attempts though to point that out. you didnt even point out a group like "the ignorant mass" which would point towards the simple people who are stupid. you equated ignorance with all poor, uneducated and deist peoples. That damns you to ignorance yourself.

It also doesnt help that you have an unfit liking towards starwars.

Christian, but let's say I'm of my own breed and do not reject everything from other religions, considering certain aspects as possibly compatible with Christianity (notion of karma, balance of taoism... up to be seen).

No proof of God? Well... Einstein, Niels Bor (whattever how it's spelled) and others are not completely idiot. Science, for those who go further, is not the best demonstration fo God's non-existence. I could also pass by the platonician trinity (Beauty, Truth, Good), showing there is only one Truth (by logic), thus also only one universal Good and Beauty. And so on.... I have to go to sleep, ok? :D

"you equated ignorance with all poor, uneducated and deist peoples. That damns you to ignorance yourself."

I said:

1) Small children -- before they are old enough to realize there is no god or before someone tells them

2) Poor people -- meaning ones who need hope, faith, etc, need something, some light at the end of the tunnel so that they will hopefully have a better afterlife if they just stay with it.

3) Stupid people - meaning people that either can't understand.

Christian, OK just to throw my two cents in,

1. what kind of proof do you want(physical , mental, or what)?

2. If I could prove it would you then believe or not?

3. Have you read the bible yet?

4. Or scientific proof?

And as to the question I havent seen it, so does it exist?? That answer is easy to give Have you really seen Mars (that answer is no YOU have not been there to see it) but yet we know it exists by scientific proof.

The next thing is to believe in the big bang or evaluation is just nuts do you know the odds of a the right Adams coming together at just the right moment at just the right temp. to create life is(its just laughable)

and since we believe in science so much they have found that if the world was just a few miles out of it orbit one way or the other it could not sustain life.( this alone point to a creator with a plan)

and the last thing Jesus 12 apostles, IF Jesus was not the son of the living god then why oh why would these 12 men die horrible deaths for there faith none denying Christ to save there own life NOT ONE.

And to date no one can disprove the Bible as being the writing word of the Lord God.

the nice thing thoe is that the Lord Jesus Christ will never force you to beleve in him its your choice

but just to let you know even thoe you dont beleve in heaven you will see you self one day at the great white thron judgement!

MY question to you is will Jesus tell his father that this one is mine or not?

see you there

WTF?

What I have claimed:

-God doesn't exsist, I won't believe it until I see some proof.

-Believeing in something for no actual reason at all with nothing to prove it is, in my opinion, stupid and a waste of time,

I don't believe Star Wars is real, I'm not going to believe it just because theres nothing to disprove it.

And you think this makes me a believer?

wtf.jpg

Ok that quote isn't even the complete quote.

Assuming you meant that I think you should be too stupid to understand to have to believe in a god,

yes.

No intelligent person can honestly say that the bible is true, that god exsists, or that there is an afterlife.

COULD it be true? Yes. But WHY believe in it if there's no reason to?

Ok that quote isn't even the complete quote.

Assuming you meant that I think you should be too stupid to understand to have to believe in a god,

yes.

No intelligent person can honestly say that the bible is true, that god exsists, or that there is an afterlife.

COULD it be true? Yes. But WHY believe in it if there's no reason to?

call it what you want, but according to your posts up untill now, you, yourself would fall in to the catagory - stupid - as well.

You haven't written anything but utter crap.