US tank troops kill journalist

I can imagine that situation. Tanks besieging a prison full of rebels. Standoff with fingers on firing buttons. Brave cameraman of semitic skin crawls with camera under wall. Then he aims to first tank to take a best shot for us. Red light turns on. Inside the tank reloader yells: "Shit, something radiated us with a laser pointer!" Commander quickly seeks for a source and yells to shooter: "Private, one Ali aiming at us with bazooka on the left, blow his head before he won't do it with us!" Private has no intentions to see the truth: finally some action!

We've learned: don't send cameramen from Palestine to take shots near Middle East battlefields.

You guys haven't seen the camera. It's a huge camera, with a very long lense. It could easily be mistaken as a grenade launcher, go search for a pic on google. There's a picture of protestors with the camera on a stretcher, and you can see what the camera looks like.

You guys haven't seen the camera. It's a huge camera, with a very long lense. It could easily be mistaken as a grenade launcher, go search for a pic on google. There's a picture of protestors with the camera on a stretcher, and you can see what the camera looks like.

Well then maybe they should paint the camera to not look like a RPG, like put Americas flag on it.

Well then maybe they should paint the camera to not look like a RPG, like put Americas flag on it.

ok so a terrorist could paint an american flag on the side of a bomb-filled plane and fly it into the whitehouse?

by your logic that would work

This guys is the 27th journalist to be killed in this war and he isn't the first to be killed by US troops. I don't see why this is topic-worthy. I feel badly for his family and co-workers of course but I'm surprised this was given it's own topic, especially considering the recent bombing of the UN building...shouldn't it be in the Iraq Issues thread?

Maybe next time a terrorist will disguise as a journalist? Sure, but here it seems NON-WESTERN journalists are shot, others less... So much that it is dangerous to be a NON-WESTERN journalist in Palestine.

Since they are shot so often, does it mean they are seen as terrorist while it's not the case for western journalists, and that it happens THAT often?

Egeides, the journalist this thread is referring to was white and western. And did it occur to you that there are probably more Arab journalists in Iraq than western journalists? Iraq is an Arab country after all...

Common sense is a virtue (but not all that common).

This guys is the 27th journalist to be killed in this war and he isn't the first to be killed by US troops. I don't see why this is topic-worthy. I feel badly for his family and co-workers of course but I'm surprised this was given it's own topic, especially considering the recent bombing of the UN building...shouldn't it be in the Iraq Issues thread?

Probably its because he was a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.

Did anyone else think it was a little bit odd about the whole UN-HQ attack news? I mean, it's like 9/11 or something, when around 16 people died. Or am I missing something? (Well, yes I know a high-up guy in the UN died, but more than that?)