Sex is the greatest of all physical expressions

Yeah, I concur Acriku. Sex can be whatever you want it to be.

And TMA, the last part of your statement is correct. You cannot trully understand most things until you have experienced them.

Although sex is inherintly a physical act and one that is dependant on the physical side of things, I believe that when sex is performed by the right person, meaning an elightened person, that it can have a trully spiritual meaning for them.

"there is a tendancy to focus on the chemical and unemotional aspects"

What makes you think there is a differece between emotion and chemicals? Emotional states can broadly be described as what hormones are presnt in your bloodstream.

Parts of the brain have been found to be responsible for feelings of spirituality, and they could be excited by the activity of certain hormones (we know that magnetic fields work, but we've not yet found the specific hormones responsible, as far as I'm aware).

Hence, I agree with "I believe that when sex is performed by the right person, meaning an elightened person, that it can have a trully spiritual meaning for them." - in that anyone who has a susceptibility to action in that are of the brain is very likely to perceive the intense emotion as spiritual.

I do not say that reasonable, respectful, co-operational relationships between humans are to be looked down upon, but I do not see where that jumps to what you're talking about. Please do explain other than just saying 'It's spiritual...', because that is pretty close to the 'It's magic...' stage of explaining the function of anything whose workings are not immediately obvious.

TMA, I'm not stopping you talking, discussion about topics are fine. But when it's not totally clear where the thread might go - and I'm not implying (NB: to infer is similar to deduce, to imply is to create the message) that anyone who has posted would be guilty of this - I just wanted to make sure the bounds of decency were not contravened. If I'd been antisocial, I'd've locked the thread.

but you are not antisocial, and thanks for the english lesson. give me some credit is all nema. now if I have been untrustworthy, then I can understand why you would want to do that, you have made no mention of that htough. anyways that is getting off topic.

I dont understand how you can deduce things to simple chemical actions, when you dont even open your eyes to the spiritual. you absolutely block yourself from it, and them make valuejudgements on it. good grief.

the real world? nah, I wouldnt want to live like you as a nihilist. Also wouldnt want to close my eyes to things and then rebuke others as a hypocrite. you dont even know what the real world is. Just make up your own closed minded and one sided personalized perception if it

you dont even know what the real world is.

Does any one know what that is ? We all have our own ideas about what we suspect the real world to be like. About the values in it, morals, reaction, custom habbits .. about anything in it mostly. And then you spend you vacation in Africa or Japan and they all get adjusted a little but. Your "real world" has changed. Or after finding religious faith, most people have another view on "the real world". That real world isn't that real anyore and has changed a bit.

There is no real world. . . or then, that's wrong. .. there is a real world. . .we just all have different opinions about what it looks like . ...

Well all there is that can be shown (therefore in my opinion, all there really is) to sex is the chemical/physical reaction. If you insist on bringing spirituality into it, that is an entirely artificial construct with no direct connection with the actual act.

Oh wait, I'm just a stupid 16 year old who has no idea what he's talking about... :(

gryphon, you just explained what I was saying. we all have our interpritations of it, and that is why acriku cant be so closed minded. I mean you basically affirmed what I said.lol

lol glad you liked it acriku. I was calm, you have to realize that those are real attributes you have, and arent durrogitory.lol

What makes you think there is a differece between emotion and chemicals? Emotional states can broadly be described as what hormones are presnt in your bloodstream.

True. I apologize. I shouldn't have used the word, "unemotional". I think the type of intercourse I'm trying to define for that section of my post is the type our culture has magnified and glorified. "Casual" sex.

In my opinion, sex should be a graduation of love, not simply instinct. Instinctual mating has produced the over-population we're expiriencing now.

"I dont understand how you can deduce things to simple chemical actions, when you dont even open your eyes to the spiritual."

But why should this intangible, unprovable, and somewhat vague and ambiguous spiritual reasoning be necessary, when chemistry and biology explains how we work well enough. 'Spiritual' experiences can be synthesised with electromagnetic equipment, drugs can be used to change people's emotional states - what is there that is unexplained by science for which we need to invoke questions of spirituality? (Yes, Hasimir and others have said most of this already)

"In my opinion, sex should be ... not simply instinct"

Agreed. As to the reference to 'love', that is somewhat more complicated as to how you define it. Instinctive, mindless behaviour, especially improper behaviour, really disgusts me.

• 4 weeks later...

i have to say i agree with tma <as was> 's original statement. my opinion is, god created sex, along with everything else, it's damn good fun <so i've heard anyway> and if used selflessly it can really be satisfying and you dont have to keep trying and trying for more and more different kicks each time then.

I as a person that does have sex on a regular bases and not believing in the Christian God can only say: I'm enjoying sex in all it's facets. I'm having a good time doing it. I have a lot of respect for people that wait until they get married, but if you start doing it then, best enjoy it :)