Letters of Slumtrimpit

TMA_1

Have any of you read the screwtape letters? well I love the book and I thought I would do my own letters for fun. It is based on another tempter mentioned, called Slumtrimpit. He is a master who is currently teaching his apprintace Scumbangle how to correctly guide is subject to hell. Anyways it is kinda bad, but it was really fun to write.

My dear scumbangle, I have noticed that you have been using his feeling

of inferiority towards others in perfect style. Reading your reports, it seems that he is the sort of

fellow that takes from everything around him. A sort of tremendus black hole that leeches any

sort of fashionable ideal or philosophy. Because of his feeling of inferiority, He wishes

not to accept the reality of who he is, but to become like those around him. He does this to gain

the attention of others so that he may become apart of the fold, apart of the people he respects and adores.

It is quite amusing because he thinks he will grow to be equals with his contemporaries, when in reality

he will only grow to become a hollow shell of those who are in reality, as shallow as himself.

If you keep this up, he will slowly obliterate his own individuality and self esteem, and by that, his reason

and common sense. He will not question what he is doing, because he thinks that he is fulfilled,

that he is normal. -He equates normality with the insanity and foolishness of man. These creatures

are always creating their own paradoxal lifestyles arent they? They place the standard of reality

in their own misunderstanding of it, and sink further and further into oblivion. Soon, there will be

nothing left but a great vacuum, a void that contains no true sensability of reality! How

can a vacuum take in the attributes of other vacuums? Keep him in this warped reality of inferiority, and he will be

quite secure in our fathers house... All glory is fleeting though, and if you

let all of this go to your head, you could potentially lead him by ignorance into the hands of the enemy.

Laugh only when his soul is damned in hell. Enjoy your capture only when it is on your dinner plate. Though

these little vermin are foolish, the enemy is not. The abominable truth is that we are

fighting on low ground, but we still have a chance to defeat the enemy, as long as we keep ourselves

civil, and continue to encurage the insanity that man already creates. Yes, your patient is in good hands.

He is letting himself falter. All you have to do is seal his soul to our father below.

Your confidant, and tempter superior: Slumtrimpit