what are the

yeah thats what I heard, if ur on a low connection like phone line modem or such its best to select the low grfx settings or it causes excessive lag online.  But as far as single player goes max the settings to high, as long as ur PC can handle it, for the best grfx setttings... just dont forget to change back ;D  Im on a cable modem and still set my sets to low ;D  hope it helps   ;D

Actually connection speed is a pretty small factor in game speed.  As long as the game is running smoothly, that's most important.  You can make the game run fast by either having a top notch system on high graphics settings or a lower end system ond low graphics settings.

Also, if you have a low end machine, you don't have to suffer from terrible graphics.  Disable shadows and put everything else at medium.  Shadows are by far the worst gamespeed consumers in the game.

This is true.

I play with all gfx settings at minimum except resolution; this means I can actually play the game at a decent speed without worrying about how pretty it looks. But if you have a good machine, turn the models and textures up a bit.

:-/ok so now im im confused if you got a top of line PC (not that you can call one top of line because its out dated the next day :P ::)) and you have the sets on low then it will cause lag just as a low end machine on high sets does? or am i reading it wrong :-/

I remember hearing someone being able to get above 1600x1200 but I think in most cases that is the highest resolution you could have.

If your machine is running slowly in multiplayer turn down the graphic settings. But as long as things are running smoothly then you can get away with higher settings, I've played 1on1 games at fairly high resolutions without any problems before.

Changing the quantity of colors from 32 bit to 16 bit works also. At least it make the menu etc. more smooth. The texture, model details doesn't matter that much if you have a good machine. The most what counts if shadows and the colors. Resolution doesn't count so much either...