The funnies moments when playing Emperor: Battle for Dune

henry

My funniest moment was playin some guy who claimed to be quite good. Well the giveaway that he was a newb was that he said "no rushing". It was a 5k game and we all know how long it takes to get a mino in a 5k game. By time I get my mino and the rest of it's supporting cast to his entrance....he starts swearing at me and calling me a cheating liar(u know, kinda like nav does). I just sat there and lmao. Because nothing I could have said or done would have made it any more funny.

i remember a game similar to that desert... it was a 1 on 1 bc 5k knife fight.

it was against someone in CRAFT i think was the clan name

anyway, at the begining of the game the guy i was playing starts off saying "you know, i'm not like other players. I'm really good" i don't reply, because really, what can you say to that?

1 minute later he tries to do fac first and hark rush me, i was ords with barr first, and so i lost a few men hehe... anyway i got my fac out and i started picking off his incoming units because he did 2 buzz then a battle tank... so he was gettin low on cash. then he replies "wow you are really good too..."

lolz, soon after because of a crate my dustie comes out and gets a devastator, and then he calls me a cheater and dc's... i got the win somehow though...

Its not that hard,as long as you have crates on you can cheat easily.

I don't think crates are a cheat, its just a way of bringing some random advantages into the game. Which can be fun (scout levelup anyone?) but it can also deteriorate the strategic nature of the game, which is why it is an option in the game.

Hi Guys,

I know I'm a newbie but I thought I'd share what I think was a really funny game I had with another newbie a female from the U.K. who I played late on Friday night last.

I still am pondering about whether it was someone having a joke at my expense ?

Well here goes:I played a wol match with two ai on attack on fishers plain.She promised to ally with me against the computer, but as the game started she didn't ally, so I asked her to ally, she replied how do I do that ! so I told her.

I still got no reply from her and she didn't ally, so I ended up having to kill both AI on my own, I took alot of losses, then when I asked her what now ?

She replied you play me ?

Well anyway during the time I was battling away against the AI she had been churning out Minos,she must have had about a hundred !

By then the game was lagging so bad and I was laughing so much I aborted.

I'm still wondering who it was or whether she was for real.

What do you all think ?

A.M.

Well,i only got 1 funny thing to happen.

I was playing at a local computergame network place and someone chose guild. So i typed in (The Guild are like tampons....only pussys use em) and everyone started laughing and i got kicked out...

OK not so funny, sucked for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alittle while ago me(blobtron), crushskul(my brother), blluedog and ddd0bbb had a four man ffa, ddd rushed me early but in a few minutes i turned the tide and was on his spice field, he was already dead, my brother on the other had was being driven all over the map by blluedog who did the mino-drone rush, by the time i built 3 minos my brother had nothing left besides one windtrap and a rag-tag army, blluedog drone rushed me but i drove it away and harrassed his base with drones, i ate a good portion of his minos force with 2 worms, then i did a mino feyd rush, i managed to destroy his army and his drone army along with caryals. When it seems to be the end for him he accuses me and my brother of double teaming him when my brother had a group of around 10 soldiers far from his base, obviously he was a sore loser seeking some excuse for losing, soon after he quit and i had the victor. this guy deserves to be on the Noobie quitting list which was a great idea.

Maybe not the funniest, but a nice moment when I was having a 1vs1 against cbrick yesterday I was building up my base about (the proverbial) three minutes into the game and just thinking "hm, rushing in the first few minutes from the start would actually a nice strat, cause its hard to put up a solid defense by that time..."

When I looked to the enemies base and there were about twelve minos marching towards my base (when I just built my first mino :) )

I now begin to understand why poor losers get upset when they see any enemy unit before they themselves have like thirty minos and niab tanks.

"They wiped us out" - H.G. Wells

Well, back to practice!

Good, abeit quick game, cbrick !

EDIT: hm, looking back at the ladder results of that game, it took 12 minutes! It certainly felt more like 5 :O