First Annual Tournament of Navaros

Navaros

First Annual Tournament of Navaros

Navaros is holding a Tournament. The Rules of this Tournament are outlined below. In order to participate in this Tournament, you must agree to and abide by all the Rules and Terms & Conditions of the Agreement herein:

Guys don't post if your just gonna try and incite flames, use the ignore feature if he bothers you that much.

He can host a Tourney if he wants, other members have done it.

If you wish to enter the tourney send an IM to Nav.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, this Tourney is back in business!

previously there were some guys who are not interested in this Tourney who spammed-up this thread with flames to me (as listed in Appendix A). those guys are still banned from participating in this Tournament.

anyone else who wants to sign-up is welcome to do so

if you are not interested in this Tournament, please do not post in this thread. no one is forcing you to participate in it or read about it.

some of you may think that the rules of this Tourney are strict, and you're right. the reason for that is because this is not a Tourney designed for newbies (although newbies are welcome to participate). i wanted to make it good for you guys by giving you something different, unique, and challenging; with a few wildcard factors thrown in to keep things interesting. that is the reason for all the many rules and extensive organization that i have put into this Tourney

due to interference, the tentative closing date for sign-up has been extended to August 31, 2003 A.D.

i know so far Apollyon, Unreached, and Zilents has expressed interest in participating. if you're still interested, please sign-up in this thread.

that goes for anyone else who wants to participate in this Tourney. sign-up here in this thread.

Maybe more people would join if you dropped rule nr. 7 and 8. It might scare away players, because rule 7 is pretty weird (you say "good game" out of sportivity, for example: when I have played a sport match, and we won with ease, then I still say "well played" to all players of the other team out of sportivity)

And about rule 8, I don't think everyone wants to have the feeling that they must play you, and if they lose that they are thrown out.

That are my thoughts

Ny thoughts exactly... 8)

Sincerely, Maelos

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain."

- The Litany of Fear

thx for the feedback, Timenn

i think i'll keep the Rules as they are for now because i don't want this Tournament to be easy. this Tournament is meant for the tough guys of Emperor. the big boys. the best of the best. the Winner is meant to feel a tremendous sense of true accomplishment. after knowing that he has conquered all these many, strict Rules, he will feel a very great Reward and be forever honored to have Won the First Annual Tournament of Navaros

what? like not saying 'gg' if its not a good game?

i've always been one to stand up for honesty and integrity. i personally do not see anything "sporty" about lying to the enemy. to lie, is to defile one's self. this Tournament seeks to instill the values of honesty, integrity, and true Competition into it's participants

if i allowed lying to take place such as false "gg" statements, then that would contradict the Spirit of this Tournament and everything that is noble about honest Emperor players.

Hey can i join up i would be like your first person on the list and if not then i QUIT JK well when is it? Im moving in my house next tuesday :'( so then i can get online :'(......... >:(

I agree to the rules and i am ready lol ok ;D

My Wol name is Unreached

Its Unreached ;D

Um, how will the winner be decided? And can though you are holding the tournament, Nav, will you be participating and/or eligible to win it?

the Winner is decided when all participants have been eliminated either by themselves, each other, or via myself. yes, i could Win if i challenge and beat everyone and choose to eliminate them all after I beat them. i do not know if i will be participating. thing is, if someone who i like gets the top spot, chances are i may not bother to challenge him. however, if someone i really hate very much gets in the top spot, i might challenge him out of spite, and if he's the last participant left in the Tourney, then I will eliminate him if I Win, and hence I will be the Winner of this Tourney

Brennq - please post your WOL nick that you'll be using in this Tourney. edit your post to include that information.

Nema - you ask some really good questions :)

No, I will not be able to challenge people over and over again. I will only be allowed one challenge per participant for the duration of the Tournament. If I lose that challenge, then the person who beat me is then immune from being challenged by me again. The exception to this is, if I challenge someone and Win and then choose not to eliminate the loser, but instead force additional matches upon him. If the loser then wins those subsequent matches, I may opt to challenge him again.

About posting the stats, I presume you mean on the fed2k ladder. I am not sure how good of an idea that is seeing as this Tourney abides by Westwood's Ladder Rules and the fed2k ladder does not. For example: someone in this Tournament could invoke the Under 3 Rule 5 times in a row. Since Westwood would not recognize those games as valid, neither will my Tourney. Therefore, I worry that it might cause confusion if these games are recorded by fed2k since observers may look at the invalid game stats and think they are a valid Tourney game result, and am leaning towards "No, they will not be recorded by fed2k." If someone can give me a compelling reason to change this viewpoint, then I may do so.

7. Navaros reserves the right to instantly eliminate anyone from this Tournament who posts good game; GG or any similar or positive message to opponents who did not provide reasonable competition.

GG is something I type at the end of every game(even if I were to play you Cy). I do it because even a bad game of Emp is better than a good day at work. The way you leave yourself able to "change" the rules as you see fit is a good indication that there will be nothing "fair" about this tourny.