How to take out an opponent's base real quick!

Kyle

Ok, people have used this strategy on me many times. And, i have lost many times because of it. It works really well in multiplayer (online). Ok what you do is train 5 engineers. Then build an apc. put the 5 engineers into the apc. Then build an advanced carryall. pick up the apc with the advanced carryall and deploy it in the enemy base. then deploy the apc and send the engineers into enemy buildings. This will capture a majority of the opponents base. Quickly build turrets around your captured buildings to protect them. Continue to repair the turrets and buildings until the enemy is destroyed. (Tip: capturing the barracks is very useful because then you can train more engineers and capture the whole enemy base). This plan will work unless the opponent has a lot of troops that can shoot down air vehicles (i.e. harkonnen troopers, ordos AA troops, or Imperial Sardaukar Elite). This will cause your advanced carryall to be shot down and then your apc and engineers will blow up too. If the enemy happens to have a lot of these troops, deploy the advanced carryall outside of the enemy base. then drive the apc into the base little by little (so it remains stealthed) and deploy it.

this strat is old as can be

anyhow if you try to use an ADV to Engineer any good player in the early game on Real Setts, you're gonna get pulverized. guranteed. only a moron wouldn't see that coming in the early game.

here is what happened when act333 tried Engineering my ally timwin right off the bat with an ADV.

timwin sold a few buildings, which slowed him down, and i think he lost one or two buildings to Engineers, which he then destroyed.

but unfortunately for Act333, he had almost no money and no units. so i attacked him right away and he was dead. trying to destroy my ally with pre-mature Engineering ended up guaranteeing his loss. my ally came back just fine (as you can see from his final economy number in the screenshot: act333's foolish Engineering allowed me to destroy him so fast that by the time we were done my ally had way more money than him despite the fact that timwin lost both of his Refs at the start), and we proceeded to mash up vegata too.

the only reason Act333 has a bit of money in that screenshot is because we were on Fishers and he tried to start a couple of new bases at the very bottom of the map (he started in the top right hand corner with timwin one space below). but all he had was a couple of Refineries and Factories which had made very few units by the time we had killed vegeta. moral being, as soon as he lost his inital base by trying to be lame with an Engineer Drop at the start, he had sealed his own loss. [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I agree, an un-planned engineer drop can cause much more trouble to your own self.

However, with a strong turret rdy to place, and a seizable(can't spell) force knocking at your opponent's door and some AAA(Anti-Anti-Air) units, (e.g. Ordos EITS, Atr. Onithoptor, Hark. Gunship) to stop the opponents AA force knocking out your Adv. Carryall, just one APC could be extremely lethal, especially when two forces is almost equal.

... and some AAA(Anti-Anti-Air) units, (e.g. Ordos EITS, Atr. Onithoptor, Hark. Gunship) to stop the opponents AA force knocking out your Adv. Carryall...

Thats no "Anti-Anti-Air", thats bait! :)

(and, at least for the EITS, pretty expensive bait)

It's just a joke.

Yesterday I used the engineer drop. I lost 3 APCs and >10 engineers but I managed to capture my opponent's Conyard and I destroyed his base with Atr. gun turrets.(At first he destroyed pretty many of my turrets quick, but as I got more and more turrets there's no way he could handle it. He sold all his structures save for a factory and busted me at the end after running his new MCV under cover of the hoard of Hark Light Troops.

All you need is 1 engineer and it would be even better if you already build a turret but just leave it on "ready" mode and when you deploy your APC and capture any capturable enemy building and place it down,the effect would work better.If you are getting destroyed quickly,build many walls in his base to ensure you stay in there. ;D

My friend is really good, he can take on 8 attackers computers single handed while I can do 4 only. Anyway, he's got about 60 devasters at his coast line. He was just no aware that I'd ever dare to engineer drop his base and was caught by surprise.

He didn't built a single building after running his MCV. His army of devasters whiped me clean.

everyone knows that option they have but not alot of people use it because it messes up your reputation and sneaking an apc is kindof hard being that most people put scouts outside their base and the apc is detectable on the radar

You normally use a carryall to bring it into the bareass of the base.
My friend is really good, he can take on 8 attackers computers single handed while I can do 4 only. Anyway, he's got about 60 devasters at his coast line. He was just no aware that I'd ever dare to engineer drop his base and was caught by surprise.

He didn't built a single building after running his MCV. His army of devasters whiped me clean.

That is really easy to do.All I have to do is to wait for the AIs to massacre each other to a bare minimum before moving my units to do the job for the attackers.If its on easy[which I guess it is],its even easier.And having 60 devastators ready means that that game is a mega turtle game and the AIs would have blown each other to bits by that time.

That is really easy to do.All I have to do is to wait for the AIs to massacre each other to a bare minimum before moving my units to do the job for the attackers.If its on easy[which I guess it is],its even easier.And having 60 devastators ready means that that game is a mega turtle game and the AIs would have blown each other to bits by that time.

Okay, two things.

1.We were playing 1vs1 on fishers plain, and both of us are quite defensive players(don't blame us, that's our style)

2.Don't forget, I'm a programmer and my friend is. We had made the AIs ignore the other AIs and attack only ourself.(Only that leads to a problem of an AI didn't know what to do when their scout is blocked by a Con Yard as they ignore it.)