hey not tryin to sound grim but...

i have noticed as im sure you all have dune is dying :'(

are we going to stand bye and watch as it vanishes into nothingness

taking us with it

OR...

we could put all our mids together to create a brain capable of saving dune??? any1 who reads this plz reply :'( :'( :'(

emperor is not dying. that is ancient news.

Emperor had been DEAD for over a year, and there's no bringing it back. an RTS dies when it is no longer competitive. when the only ones left are newbies who suck immensely and are not even 1/5 as good as the guys who used to be in Emperor, but since they are the only ones left in Emperor they are under the mistaken impression that they have some skill.

this has been the case with Emperor for over a year. Emperor died when it stopped being competitive. PS: anyone who argues with my post here or tries to refute it in any way = newbie

Compare these 2 quotes.

Navaros :

when the only ones left are newbies who suck immensely and are not even 1/5 as good as the guys who used to be in Emperor, but since they are the only ones left in Emperor they are under the mistaken impression that they have some skill.
but please, i am trying to provide a valuable service to the other professional Emperor players here.

??? This makes no sence at all navaros. What are u trying to say?

Navaros :

I am officially a dumbass!

;D Ah now I get it :P

Emp is dead to the people but is not dead to it followers

and u guyz know what that man meant dont try to be difficult he is tryign to fig out a way to being it back witch is possible like gargoyels used to be dead untill a community of 50 brought it back ! and im serious ...i have really thought of trying to find ways like adv on yahoo and stuff since it costs like 5 dollars for a banner on the chat system

there can be 10 new newbies in Emp every day, but still Emperor will always be a dead game

you can play Emp all you want, and it's still dead. you're still playing a dead game, even if there are 20 or 30 other people also playing the dead game.

anyone who thinks Emperor is alive just because there are some people left haunting WOL has no conception of what an RTS game is about. Competition. real Competition. of course, none of the people left in Emperor have any skill, so they think that there are good players left, who keep Emperor competitive for *them*, which is only the case because those left suck immensely and have no idea how to play Emperor - not because real Competition actually exists.

Emperor's Spirit is dead. the Spirit of real Competition on a WOL Ladder with Rules that Westwood put into place based on R&D money. but this Spirit even died long before EA put the Ladders out of their misery. it died when the last batch of good players left. at that point, the Emperor Community became INCOMPETENT. every veteran and skilled RTS player left Emperor. those that remained in the Community were not skilled players and can never become skilled players - so really the Emperor Community died at that point as well. at that point, Emperor was no longer Competitive, and Emperor died. what is left now is just a dead, empty shell with no Spirit.

the chances of resurrecting Emperor, for Emperor to become a truly living game again - are the same as the chances of us getting another patch for Emperor. which is, absolutely zero. sad, but true.

there can be 10 new newbies in Emp every day, but still Emperor will always be a dead game

you can play Emp all you want, and it's still dead. you're still playing a dead game, even if there are 20 or 30 other people also playing the dead game.

anyone who thinks Emperor is alive just because there are some people left haunting WOL has no conception of what an RTS game is about. Competition. real Competition. of course, none of the people left in Emperor have any skill, so they think that there are good players left, who keep Emperor competitive for *them*, which is only the case because those left suck immensely and have no idea how to play Emperor - not because real Competition actually exists.

Emperor's Spirit is dead. the Spirit of real Competition on a WOL Ladder with Rules that Westwood put into place based on R&D money. but this Spirit even died long before EA put the Ladders out of their misery. it died when the last batch of good players left. at that point, the Emperor Community became INCOMPETENT. every veteran and skilled RTS player left Emperor. those that remained in the Community were not skilled players and can never become skilled players - so really the Emperor Community died at that point as well. at that point, Emperor was no longer Competitive, and Emperor died. what is left now is just a dead, empty shell with no Spirit.

the chances of resurrecting Emperor, for Emperor to become a truly living game again - are the same as the chances of us getting another patch for Emperor. which is, absolutely zero. sad, but true.

WHen is a game 'Dead' anyway? It's so subjective...

Nav u really dont have a clue who is still playing emp.

U know why? Because when i c u in emp u always host a 2vs2 30k with fog AND u always kick pple u know that can beat u. So eventually u will be playing with pple who are not good at the game. 100 times i asked 1vs1 when u say im a noob or that im gay( very childish behaviour) and ur to afraid and u kick me and change nick.

LMAO

brennq there is nothing subjective about it at all

if *ANY* real RTS game community took a gander at what is left of Emperor, they'd pee their pants with uncontrollable laughter at the sheer incompetence of 95% of those playing Emperor on WOL.

this is about the only good point that razorox has ever made. Emperor has no good players left. once the good players realized that Emperor was dying, they all left one after the other, because they got no fun out of playing in a community where the only players left are not even 1/25th as good as the elite players who all abandoned Emperor to play in non-dead RTS games.

i see razorox's point more so every day. i almost feel embarrassed to still play Emperor. it is as if i am dishonoring Emperor's memory and deficating on it's Grave to still play a game that no longer has any meaning in terms of true Spirit and Competition.

btw Brennq no one on WOL can beat me, certainly not anyone in your "clan" LOL