The Quitting Newbie List

this is a list that i have been compiling. *everyone* on this list has quit on me either in the mid-game, or just before his base died. everyone on this list has been told quite directly before the game began: "you may not quit just before your base dies. you must stay until you have no units and no base " and then asked if they accept and understand this. i never start the game until i am given a "yes" by all parties. therefore, no one on this list can claim ignorance; that he didn't know quitting is unacceptable. every single one of them has agreed and accepted to not quit, yet they still did the moment they realized they couldn't beat me and/or me and my ally.

note: quitting under 3 does not get anybody on this list ever, since that is an Official Westwood Rule which will always be valid on WOL. this list is only for people who quit after 3 minutes into the game have passed.

if you're anything like me, you too hate when people quit right in the middle of the game as soon as they realize they are not gonna Win, and agree that it sucks all the fun right out of Emperor. there is very little more frustrating than being quit on right in the middle of a fun game. therefore, i invite anyone who wants to take a stand against these quitting newbies to contribute to my list here so that we will have a record of those who do this, and can avoid playing them and hence having our fun ruined. The Quitting Newbie List so far is:

Try to put it all in 1 list.

And try to make screenshots of them making the promise and one of the moment they quit. (Do I have to link to that Screen Capture program?)

And put a '*' behind their names if you have the evidence (and post it once)

just got another one! his nick: omang

i could take screenshots every time but that'd take up a lot of upload space.

it would require two screenshots each time. one for the promise, one for the "__________" has quit the game

this is the game that added jura777 and chiki13 to the list. my ally blu3beam has an account here so hopefully he'll come by and verify it. from now on i will always try to take screenshots if that's what it you guys want.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

here is where omang quit. as you can see, my ally and i were dominating the game but it was far from over. just before i took this screenshot he was acknowledging the fact that he had promised not to quit beforehand, but that text had scrolled off the screen by the time i was able to hit the screenshot key.

btw it may be hard to see from this screenshot, but those NIABs were mine. his spice there was being dominated by me, and that's exactly when he quit. despite the fact that i stayed after fending off numerous attacks by him on my spice.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

this is the game that added jura777 and chiki13 to the list. my ally blu3beam has an account here so hopefully he'll come by and verify it.

i remember that game this afternoon. As far as I am concerned, jura777's base was almost completely wiped out when he quit - and if he had stayed until the absolute end, he would have only had a few harvs and stray troops left.. so i have no problems with that given situation.

chiki13 stayed on and only had a small base on the top corner of the map. (about 6 main buildings.. half a dozen kobras and a couple of chem troops) He quit when nav and I destroyed about half of his base. The game would have ended within the next minute if he had stayed... so, again, the situation didn't bother me.

But they could have had the courtesy of saying 'gg' or 'bye'.. or something before qutting.

Personally, it think it was ok for them to quit during that game.

I don't know what they are like usually, as i've only played them once.

bluebeam, your opinion is irrelevant on the things you mentioned.

did i, or did i not, get a promise from both of them before the game started? a very specific promise that they would not quit.

EXACTLY what i said was: "you stay til you have zero buildings, and zero units. no quitting."

then i asked each if them if they understood and accepted this, and they both said "Yes" before the game started.

did that happen, bluebeam? yes or no is all that is required from you.

If the game lasts longer then three minutes under your rules a person can quit if they want Nav. It doens't matter if they say they won't because its not in the rules so stop being inconsistent and trying to trash on people who quit, its not a rule so thus, no need to even make this thread.

Vilgent, then *YOU* play with the quitting newbies who will quit on you as soon as they realize they are gonna lose.

Quitting after 3 is against *MY* Rules and I refuse to knowingly play with such jerks who ruin everyone else's fun by doing that.

The Quitting Newbie List is for like-minded players like me who refuse to have their fun ruined by newbies who quit in mid-game.

if you wanna play with those newbies and get fun out of having them quit on you, go for it. but don't expect me to, and don't expect all the other people who appreciate this list to

bluebeam, your opinion is irrelevant on the things you mentioned.

did i, or did i not, get a promise from both of them before the game started? a very specific promise that they would not quit.

EXACTLY what i said was: "you stay til you have zero buildings, and zero units. no quitting."

then i asked each if them if they understood and accepted this, and they both said "Yes" before the game started.

did that happen, bluebeam? yes or no is all that is required from you.

nav, yes i remember u asking them the question. and yes, i remember them agreeing.

But you have to look at the situation (in today's game) sensibly. They were practically wiped out.

If they had quit 5 minutes earlier, then I would have been slightly bothered... and more bothered if they had agreed with 'my rules' before starting a game.

But come on nav, they quit literally 30 seconds before their **completey-last-unit** death, in a game that lasted over 30 minutes.

Surely you could overlook the rule just ever so slightly in this given case?? :-

This is absolutely pathetic. Why can't you just play the game it was meant to be played? There's an abort button for a reason. It saves time and gives you a quick way out. To me, this is exactly the same as those newbies who say "no guild" whenever they host a game. Pathetic. Why the hell would you care about destroying someones base and units? That's totally superfluous. If they quit, they're admitting defeat, are they not? There's absolutely nothing wrong with fighting until you have no chance then leaving when defeat is certain. It makes more sense to me than fighting for as long as possible like some pathetic loser with no life that has nothing to do. That is a completely pointless use of time. And knowing Nav, he's probably one of those guys who likes to kill every last carryall and harvester to up his kill count.

Whenever I play basketball, in all the dozens of teams I've been on, when we're up by 30 and there's a minute left, do you know what the other team does? Nothing. They stand there, ready to play defense, while our point comes over half court and dribbles the clock out, or at least until the shot clock expires then launching a long three. You know why? It's just common sense. They know not to foul, it'll just waste time and the result will be the same.

This is utter, total hypocrisy. Here's a list of names being lectured by the person who epitomizes the quitter, taking the back door of any game in which he has a slight disadvantage to preserve his precious points. A part of Westwood rules? Hogwash. Abuse of WW rules is what it is, but that's another matter entirely.

If WW didn't want to allow people to quit if they want to they wouldn't have put in an abort button.

bluebeam, no i can not.

i expect people to live up to their word!

in the game you said: "they were already dead". so what?

they were playing vs. me and you. they were "already dead" as soon as the teams were decided. by your logic, they might as well have just quit right then and there (when the teams were decided) and we should not have had the game at all.

Emperor is not fun when your enemy quits on you as soon as he realizes he isn't good enough to beat you. Especially since there are no real Tournaments any more. The only fun left in Emperor is to reap the rewards of smashing up your enemy after he tries and fails to smash you up! For those who lie to me, and then rob my fun - I have no pity for them.

anyone who lies to me about quitting deserves a his rightful spot on The Quitting Newbie List.

This is absolutely pathetic. Why can't you just play the game it was meant to be played? There's an abort button for a reason. It saves time and gives you a quick way out. To me, this is exactly the same as those newbies who say "no guild" whenever they host a game. Pathetic. Why the hell would you care about destroying someones base and units? That's totally superfluous. If they quit, they're admitting defeat, are they not? There's absolutely nothing wrong with fighting until you have no chance then leaving when defeat is certain. It makes more sense to me than fighting for as long as possible like some pathetic loser with no life that has nothing to do. That is a completely pointless use of time. And knowing Nav, he's probably one of those guys who likes to kill every last carryall and harvester to up his kill count.

Whenever I play basketball, in all the dozens of teams I've been on, when we're up by 30 and there's a minute left, do you know what the other team does? Nothing. They stand there, ready to play defense, while our point comes over half court and dribbles the clock out, or at least until the shot clock expires then launching a long three. You know why? It's just common sense. They know not to foul, it'll just waste time and the result will be the same.

This is utter, total hypocrisy. Here's a list of names being lectured by the person who epitomizes the quitter, taking the back door of any game in which he has a slight disadvantage to preserve his precious points. A part of Westwood rules? Hogwash. Abuse of WW rules is what it is, but that's another matter entirely.

If WW didn't want to allow people to quit if they want to they wouldn't have put in an abort button.

ACE, Westwood also put in WOL Ladders and a Tournament system so as WOL games had meaning, but EA murdered them against Westwood's will. Emperor no longer has the meaning that Westwood intended for it, therefore your "Abort" button comments are irrelevant.

Yes ACE, I am proud of my amazing kill count and low kill:Loss ratio. so was thoxen in his glory days. so are all truly professional Emperor players. not that there are many left. if you were capable of consistently getting amazing kill counts and a low loss count like me, you'd be proud too. don't knock me because you are jealous that my ratio is better than yours ::)

your basketball analogy is also irrelevant. because the winning basketball team gets a Win in the record books so as the game means something. with Emperor, there are no records. all that's left is to have fun by completely decimating your enemy and all that he has. at least professionals can still appreciate the kill:Loss ratio, one of the few joys EA has not robbed from us. for what little fun that is left in Emperor to be stolen by lying newbies is wrong and immoral.

furthermore, you must be on a very unprofessional and sloppy basketball team. any professional basketball team would try to narrow the point gap as much as possible even if they couldn't win. just as any professional Emp player would stay and try to get as respectable of a kill count as possible.

i only quit under 3, as Westwood wants me to. about your malarky that quitting under 3 is an abuse of Westwood's Rule, I shall simply quote Chris:

"The idea of a minimum game time, say 3 minutes, would give each player a fair chance to build a defenceable base, or counter-force."

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

ACE, Westwood also put in WOL Ladders and a Tournament system so as WOL games had meaning, but EA murdered them against Westwood's will. Emperor no longer has the meaning that Westwood intended for it, therefore your "Abort" button comments are irrelevant.

Then I guess we can stop all this 3 min rule talk too, huh?

LMAO. Love the MASSIVE contradiction. Since emperor no longer has the meaning that WW intended for it, their 3 minute rule is irrelevant therefore there there is an addition in order to your 'quitting newbie list'.

cyrenius

As for kill counts and ratios, who gives a crap? It's about winning and losing. I can get a kill-loss ratio better than my enemy and still lose the game, so what does it matter? Besides its not like you're good at in anyway. Hell, in that last game of yours your kill:loss ratio was barely better than 2:1! That's kind of sad, given how bad your opponents in that game were.

As for kill counts and ratios, who gives a crap?

All professional players, as I've said. Thoxen, for example. You remember him, don't you? Anyone in his class always strives for maximum kills and minimum casualties.

The last ratio of mine was not so hot because I was doing all the work and trying to take on two players mostly by myself while Ords was not pulling his weight. He had units everywhere, but he was letting them stagnate all over the map while I fought off both enemies on my own. When my ally pulls his weight, my kill:Loss ratio is exceptional.

btw in case you didn't realize it, i use Atreides and in both SS's of quitters and the corresponding results, my allies were *Ordos*. Atreides takes a whole heck of a lot longer to move than Ordos. Yet my kill:Loss ratio is still wayyyyyyyyy better than my Ordos counterparts. I bet if you were my ally in one of those games, then your stats woulda been very close to the stats of blu3beam or Ords even though my House is a million times slower.

The Under 3 Rule is not irrelevant. Westwood never invalidated that Rule. It stands. It will always stand. What is hypocritical and pathetic is that guys like you, ACE, who condemn Westwood's own Rule only because you don't have the skill in Emperor to be able to cope with it; and yet say "quitting under 3 is wrong" - are twofaced in your vehement advocation of all non-Westwood-sanctioned forms of quitting.

That's totally superfluous.

ACE you should know better.......Nav won't be able to understand words longer than "newbie" ::)

The more you alientate yourself Nav the less popular you will get.

Also, pay no attention to Nav, Bluebeam. If your base is destroyed then it is ok to quit, what is the point in staying? Although you are right in that they could of said gg or something.......

That's totally superfluous.

ACE you should know better.......Nav won't be able to understand words longer than "newbie" ::)

And the thing is that it's so true. It is way too obvious by reading navs posts that he tries to sound all intellectual and in the know, when in fact he doesn't have an effing clue wtf he is talking about... take for example the last sentence is his previous post.

and yet say "quitting under 3 is wrong" - are twofaced in your vehement advocation of all non-Westwood-sanctioned forms of quitting.

lol that is so poorly worded simply for the sake of nav trying to impress people when in reality he just makes himself look like more of a hypocritical dumba$$.

Now go and lock this thread like the wussy you are nav.

zilly, that post was just absurd.

razorox, Vilgent, icecube, zilents, ACE: and everyone else with a personal vendetta against me --- please stop flaming me in this thread. if you do not wish to participate in The Quitting Newbie List then you do not have to.

feel free to start other threads in which to flame me. but please, i am trying to provide a valuable service to the other professional Emperor players here. if you do not wish to make use of that service, fine. just don't ruin *this* thread with your continued flaming spam. i'll stop responding to all of you (unless i have to) from this point on so as not to encourage you. please, have some decency. if you must flame me, do it in other threads.