Ornithopters/Gunships

Gert-Jan

Ken, don't forget that Gunships are slower. So you will have more time to spot them. And then you will have some time to prepare for their coming.

With Ornithopter that time is so much less

You wouldn't reach enough if the enemy knew you were building loads of ornithopters, during a singleplayer campaign i once built 20 ornithopters to destroy a construction yard guarded by 3 gun turrets and 2 missile tanks i think, i lost almost all my ornithopters and the construction yard was badly damaged but not destroyed. :P

Then I don't know what you did. But you played very bad back then that is for sure.

I destroyed the AI's conyard and factory and some units with 12 Thopters, and with a base with sufficient AA power in it (not so much as humans have) And alot of thopters returned]

i once used about 20-30 ornothopters to destroy my opponent in fishers, it was 3 man ffa and most of the game i was being attacked since i was in the middle in fishers plain, well since they were both harkonen i built a large drone force to fight off the gunships which worked, and since all air attacks failed they stopped building gun ships and at this time i knew i was about to die since the guy to my left sent a rush with a death hand missle followed by ix, i managed to destroy his rush along with the inf but i was left weak against the guy to my right since i was fighting him most of the time, i eventualy made a second base, my first was left in ruins due to death hand missles and dev drops snuck in somehow but while i was slowly repairing my bases and building my army while fighting off the guy to my left ix and a missle blew up my last con yard and 2 facs so i sent my whole army from bottom corner to left corner base to attack left opponent i managed to defeat him since he was being attacked in upper corner base by the guy to my right, i destroyed his massive army parked around his spice field by 4 worms and mino frontal assault followed attacking his flank with elites i eventualy destroyed his base, i forgot to mention i began building ornothopters shortly before the ix attack but after i finished the guy to my left i sent my ragtag forces to attack the guy to right who was in the upper center base, i managed to enter his base but was destroyed, it seemed i was doomed but i had managed to build a large force of feyds and warriors along with few sardukar and massive drone air force i attacked his base with feyds to distract him then i sent my drone force to destroy his second base in upper right corner, by base i mean con yard and factories then with the aid of feyds destroyed the other fac conyard hangar and outpost so he was left with nothing to thanks to the air raids and death missles from the guy to my left, i left my feyd and warrior army on the infantry rock outside his main entrance and loured his soldiers and sards into the ambush once he knew wher i was he sent the bladesaws which were destroyed but he had a massive sard imperial force which destroyed my remaining bases and eventualy finished off my fremen with the aid of harvestors. i found my last feyd next to the dead left guys spice field an hid him in that glitch area in bottom corner base i stayed there without being detected since i destroyed his outpost, i stayed there untill he gave up and quit, i dont consider this game an actual victory even though i did have the victory but my point is... somewhere in this story is a paragraph on how the ornothopters aided me in defeating the harkonen to my right.

i once used about 20-30 ornothopters to destroy my opponent in fishers, it was 3 man ffa and most of the game i was being attacked since i was in the middle in fishers plain, well since they were both harkonen i built a large drone force to fight off the gunships which worked, and since all air attacks failed they stopped building gun ships and at this time i knew i was about to die since the guy to my left sent a rush with a death hand missle followed by ix, i managed to destroy his rush along with the inf but i was left weak against the guy to my right since i was fighting him most of the time, i eventualy made a second base, my first was left in ruins due to death hand missles and dev drops snuck in somehow but while i was slowly repairing my bases and building my army while fighting off the guy to my left ix and a missle blew up my last con yard and 2 facs so i sent my whole army from bottom corner to left corner base to attack left opponent i managed to defeat him since he was being attacked in upper corner base by the guy to my right, i destroyed his massive army parked around his spice field by 4 worms and mino frontal assault followed attacking his flank with elites i eventualy destroyed his base, i forgot to mention i began building ornothopters shortly before the ix attack but after i finished the guy to my left i sent my ragtag forces to attack the guy to right who was in the upper center base, i managed to enter his base but was destroyed, it seemed i was doomed but i had managed to build a large force of feyds and warriors along with few sardukar and massive drone air force i attacked his base with feyds to distract him then i sent my drone force to destroy his second base in upper right corner, by base i mean con yard and factories then with the aid of feyds destroyed the other fac conyard hangar and outpost so he was left with nothing to thanks to the air raids and death missles from the guy to my left, i left my feyd and warrior army on the infantry rock outside his main entrance and loured his soldiers and sards into the ambush once he knew wher i was he sent the bladesaws which were destroyed but he had a massive sard imperial force which destroyed my remaining bases and eventualy finished off my fremen with the aid of harvestors. i found my last feyd next to the dead left guys spice field an hid him in that glitch area in bottom corner base i stayed there without being detected since i destroyed his outpost, i stayed there untill he gave up and quit, i dont consider this game an actual victory even though i did have the victory but my point is... somewhere in this story is a paragraph on how the ornothopters aided me in defeating the harkonen to my right.

This would win the Lowzeewee Long-winded Post Challenge Shield!

• 3 months later...