Multiplayer Dune 2000-Help!!!

Kyle

Hello-my name is Kyle. I am having trouble playing Dune 2000 online. I have registered with Westwood Online but when I click the Multiplayer Game tab on the Dune 2000 main menu, and then the internet tab, it pops up with an error message. The message says, word for word, : Setup Chat-gpChat is NULL. CoCreateInstance failed. REGDB_E_CLASS_NOTREG-Class not registered. [gGameTicks=0]

Any help you can give me would be great. You can reply on the site or e-mail me at kyle001400@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Go to Start => Run. There type dxdiag. Screen will pop up and run the tests on the sound and display/video tab. When done, on the first tab there's a button save all info. Click it and save it as a txt file. When you reply here, attach that text file to your reply.

Kyle, first thing I want to advice you is to start upgrading things.

I'm almost certain that will fix your problem. With updating, I mean try checking for Win2K updates (service packs), make sure you upgrade the drivers for your onboard Intel video card.

Another question, what kind of browser are you using and what version is it ? And this error could be caused by another program you have installed (one of them being Netsonic).

Where can I get service packs to upgrade things? and what is a browser? (I obviously don't know too much about computers ;D)

PS. could one of the programs that could affect it be something called Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52?