Who/What are the Tleilaxu?

Green_Atriedes

• 3 weeks later...

The Bene Tleilaxu live on Tleilax (surprisingly :)) the capital of which is called Banalong. They comprise of two species : The Masters (gnome like, grey skin, pointy ears .. generally creatures that humans are repuled by - they are like that on purpose) and the Face Dancers. The FD are grown in special "axlotl" tanks to genrally do cumbersome or loathesome tasks.The Face Dancers can shift shape, and are created by the Masters' to be used as pack horses and mules. The Master's have various councils, but they are ultimately subordinate to The Mahai, The Master of Masters ( Waff in HoD ) They have spread rumours about themselves for millenia ( "filthy Tleilaxu" ) to divert attention away from their secret religion.

Hope that helps, I was a bit taken back at first when they entered book 2. (Althogh there is a discrepency, in Book 2 Scytale is a Face Dancer.. yet in later books he is a Master.. though im sure someone can explain that..)

Everything you want to know about the Bene Tleilaxu is in Heretics of Dune and Chapterhouse Dune. But remember to read every single book before that, all the way down to the original Dune, or else you won't understand the rest of the stuff. If you want to be spoiled, I can explain more.

These people are a confusing little race!  Anyway, the Richese actually did think of something new, actually only one, but that's beside the point.  The Theilaxu are considered nasty, evil, and overzealous by mostly everyone in the Imperium.  If you want to know more about how crafty they can be, read Dune: House Atreides.  Great book, that is.  Yet, I wonder.... why would any female put up with that?  I've heard they are used as breeding tools as well.  But I know that they use those tanks to create glohas.  And, just to let you know, it says in Dune Messiah that they only needed one cell to create the Duncan gloha.

Alia

They reveal why no female is ever seen in Heretics or Chapterhouse, I forget which.

Here's a hint:  If you read that excerpt from the script of Dune Messiah on that Czech site, you'll see one major continuity error that involves the tlielaxu females.

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD:

DO NOT READ IF YOU READ THE BOOKS OR ARE PLANNING TO.

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD:

Nobody ever so a Theilaxu female. Why? Because there are none. The Theilaxu flesh-vats are females. Theilaxu's despise women. The only thing women are good for is for being a production machine. And they can 'grow' everything in the vats. Even spice-melange, though they later loose this abality. All this is to be read in House Corrino.

Sorry if you didn't want to know and did not see the MAJOR SPOILER sign.

What? They reveal a major major secret of the original series in one of the prequels? How COULD they? The great and dark secrets of the original series must only be revealed in the original series, and never elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing to do with things on this page only on first page

when that anti technology thing came along

the tleilaxu accepted it completely while the ix and those richese tech people got away with disobaying

plus the tl like to steal cells from tombs  :O

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...