Why were Ordos put into the dune series of games?

paul_of_arrakis

• 2 months later...

no because they took a lot of things from mcnelly. The DE has Gunseng, who is the father of baron vladimer in the DE. They talk about Duke minutarus. the tank was named after him. THey have ordos in there and the ordos crest from house wallach in the DE. They took their ideas from the DE.

Minor houses can own planets (Theilaxu)

Feyd-Rautha and Glossu both named Rabban and sons of Abulard Rabban, but he original was named Harkonnen (he's the half-brother of Vladimir Harkonnen). He took the name of his wife. And they come from the planet Lankaviel, property of the family Harkonnen. The Rautha in Feyd-Rautha is from the father of Abulard wife. Which was killed by Glossu. After Glossu killed his father(Abulard) he named himself Beast.

Ordos are in the game (I think) because they wanted a race which focussed on infantery and light vehicles (Atreides), a race with heavy vehicles (Harkonnen), and one with spy aballity and plain sneaky stuff (Ordos).

Corrino are imperial House. Maybe WW thought its too powerful. But it would be cool have dune games and have occasion to be on the Corrino side. But then Sardaukar could ally only with them. It would be strange sards against them.

Ordos could be great but I still like most Houses that appear in real Dune books.

• 5 months later...

If Westwood wants to earn money by selling Dune games, they should makes games about the other houses.

They should make a strategy or a Command and Conquer based game about all the houses.

So it will a huge galatic war, you can choose your allies. The landsraad will ofcourse be in too ( Or maybe not )

They must ofcourse, implent the original houses in the game.

I'm still a huge fan of the Harkonnen and Ordos. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I beleive that game was called Dune Generations, before it got canceled ::)

]

Yes, but wasn't that supposed to be internet only? I'm not sure, just acting on something I heard once... Either way it was a pretty good idea.