Why were Ordos put into the dune series of games?

paul_of_arrakis

Yes I have the DE and they are in it. They are one of the most powerful houses in the DE. With 7 out of the most which is 10 votes in the landsdraad councel. Their crest actually in the DE looks like two olive branches with two bones crossed in the middle.  the funny thing is they use a different crest in the Dune games which is a snake coiled around a book. This is the exact crest of house Wallach in the DE! weird aint it? they are about in the top 10 of 80 some houses in power in the DE.

out of the many Major Houses each had a vote by the amount of people they controlled and planets that were under their control. the more land and people, the more votes the house had in the landsdraad councel.

example.

Corrino=10

Alman= 10

Atreides= 10

Marmusetz= 9

Qair= 8

Tiiopa'il= 8

Delambre= 7

Ordos= 7

Ginaz= 6

Pinang= 6

Harkonnan= 5

Ispartha= 5

Genissai= 4

Elioz= 3

Spokan= 3

Vico= 2

Xingus= 2

Est= 1

Isonzo=1

These are just a few of the great houses mentioned in the DE. Their votes are dependant on how big they are as a house. as you see above.:)

very true gob. and you bring up a good argument. Sure DE isnt canon. But to me its the best damn fan fiction I know of. Look at star wars. They have so many books out by so many writers. Check out kevin js work. its awesome. Dune isnt to be held back to only frank herbert but to everbody. I look at what people in fan fiction say and believe them! I look at their views and some I actually agree with. it is a theorical universe so there could be many right answers. Nobody is an idiot here. only cool people who like Dune. Not because it is a cult classic or because its the greatest work of science fiction ever. but because it is deeper then ourselves. a universe where we can put ourselves in and feel like we are there. everybody should continue writing fan fiction. expand the universe we put our minds in:)

look, house Ordos were entered into the game simply because there were already 2 houses that were VERY powerful so they needed a sneaky, insidious house.  Also house Harkonnen are the most powerful house than any other as I'm the Baron and that's that!(thankyou)