DuneMaps v.64 ERROR

Csongor

Hello!

1. I was read the forum, but I can't found any solution my problem. I have the Dune 2 with 1.07 fix. If I like to run DuneMaps, an error massage pop up. "Dune2.exe not found in data directory"

Can you help me, how to fix this?

2. I like to edit maps, but with the "bgafc_de" editor I can't edit rocks and sand, so I'm looking for some other tools to edit maps. Have you any ideas what should i use?

I hope someone is still in here, a lot of editing link didn't work now.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day,

Csongor

I'm not sure but perhaps the programme expects an unmodified DUNE2.EXE in the game folder, whereas the fix modifies some bytes in the game executable.

Good morning!

I have another Dune2.exe from http://duneii.com/downloads/but the problem is the same.

Did you know any map editor which I can use for adding and removing sand and rock too?

Thank you,

Csongor

Hi, welcome.

AFAIK you can't manage single blocks of sand, dunes or rocks. You can only add spice fields (2x2) or spice blooms.

To change scenario land, just change seed number and choose one with enough rock for structures and enough free sand to add spice (on dunes you can't harvest spice).

Can you post a screenshot about DuneMaps error?

What operating system do you use? I can't remember if the editor needs .net framework... anyway have you installed it?

Hi, welcome.

AFAIK you can't manage single blocks of sand, dunes or rocks. You can only add spice fields (2x2) or spice blooms.

To change scenario land, just change seed number and choose one with enough rock for structures and enough free sand to add spice (on dunes you can't harvest spice).

Hello,

Ohh I see. Well if I can't manage single blocks of sand, dunes or rocks than the DuneMaps is not important for me. :/

I'm using windows 7 and I have .net framework too.

Thank you for your answers, have a nice day.

Csongor

Did you know any map editor which I can use for adding and removing sand and rock too?

It is actually not possible to edit terrain in Dune II, because the game does not use any map files, but generates terrain from a seed number. You can only add spice blooms and spice fields to the map as drnovice mentioned above, but other than that you have to use the terrain that you get from the seed number.