Campaign map editor right-edge-cutoff problem fix

Klofkac

Hello again fellas.

Not seeing you for a very long time, but I again randomly ran into this forum. Briefly traversing through it, I saw that the most complained "bug" of my map editor is that the right edge of map is not rendered if you resize the window to very high resolution (many ppl use FullHD monitors this time).

That's really a pity that this annoying problem breaks the impression of my good map editor. So I want to inform you about the fix I already made shortly after the release of the editor.

You can find it here: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/23771-dune-2000-mission-map-editor-released/page-5#entry371957

There is exe with bigger size of the map canvas, which should display well on FullHD monitors (but probably not bigger).

Sorry for inconveniences but I somehow thought that this fixed version was already added to D2k+ toolkit and everyone was already using it, but that was not true.

Please update the exe in D2k+ toolkit download so that everyone can get the proper version. Thanks.

Also, I was thinking about making some additional improvements to my editor, like adding support for finite spice blooms and so on. But not having much time now and it's been so long.

• Upvote 2

Klofkac, is it possible to make invisible Fremen slightly visible? :)  I mean, visible in Campaign Map Editor.

Now I cannot see them in the Editor, when I open map. Especially this is uncomfortable for the maps created some times ago, not right now (when I remember it good, still).

I can see MY Fremen only when I run game Dune 2000.

Klofkac, is it possible to make invisible Fremen slightly visible? :)  I mean, visible in Campaign Map Editor.

This. In my Corrino Campaign, level 2 at first I included lots of stealth Fremen, then I change my mind and wanted to retire all of them.

If some one play this map today, will see like 3 or 4 stealth fremen just because I don't know where I placed them in the editor.

How about?

-Choosing Palace for the IA (Atreides with Harkonnen's Palace)

-Differents palace for a IA (2-4 Palaces from other houses).

-Atreides High tech-factory for other houses (Ordos with map editor. Ordos index= 0 with mission editor. they will be Atreides with a Ordos High-factory.

-Adding Grenadier/stealh raider.

-Fremen, Sardaukar and Saboteur for all houses.

-Raider instead Trike for Mercs and smuggler (or, like the Palace idea, choosing between both for all houses).

-Same with special tanks.

-Having the option to pre-place buildings without concretes.

how about   making bigger maps? can you do test with something larger than 128x128?  wondering if we could have bigger maps  .  why not? maybe they could be  later used for   some giant expansio mod or  huge   missions rework . all we need to do is to lift structure limit, because   when you add too much something game will either  crash with   side out of range error or with  too many starting units/buldings  message

how about built-in game launcher.   when you save map    game should prompt  if you want start game to test map changes (could be  turned off  in options if you do bunch of   maps but not bothering running game)

another idea would be   adding static crates ?  like in  RA games after blowign up certain thing  crate pop out so you can pick it up.

when doing   multiplayer maps sometimes u can forget adding 1 o  2 player starting points , using that map  in game will result in crash 9tested and confirmed)  how about   a check for integrity of  map/mission ?  it would check if there are placed worms and starting ppoints (missing amount of  starting points could be displayed so you could  add them )

what we would need , that would be most likely awesome option but not sure if its ever possible.   random map generator!   it could work same as for red alert 1 , red alert 2   thing.   but i assume its alot of coding. so lets see other things., let us  display  total units/structures  placed on map

• Upvote 1

Yea the Random Map Generator would be awesome, but I really don't believe it's doable. Anyway, some sort of button that would smooth the dirt endges would be cool as well, and would possibly take less coding. There aren't as many tiles for edge smoothing so it could work. You know what i mean: getting rid of the rectangular dirt without having to smooth them manually (which takes a lot of time).

• Upvote 1

More ideas:

- Zoom in/out. To check the distance between two points just by zoom out.

- Screenshots for the whole map, like saving in png or so.

- Some kind of mark in the square/s selected. So if I use the reinforcement in 35/50, I can mark that square (plus if could add notes) without needing to open the mission editor and searching for the reinforcement event.

Random map generator, hmm, that sounds like a real nice programming exercise. Would love to try that out, but perhaps it's not needed, I'm guessing that OpenD2k (OpenRA) already has it.

It actually doesn't, and it is needed :D

• 1 month later...

Random map generator, hmm, that sounds like a real nice programming exercise. Would love to try that out, but perhaps it's not needed, I'm guessing that OpenD2k (OpenRA) already has it.

No and it never will for the d2k mod. It is not possible with the Dune 2000 tiles. You could do it with Dune II or Tiberian Sun tilesets however.