Looking for mapmaker

Shaokhan

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone with experience of making maps for Dune who could help create one or possibly more 2v2 maps for Cncnet. The map (or maps) should be XL or L sized and address an issue where allies are too far away from each other on existing maps. This can allow to play defensively and tech up to combat tanks or IX units without dying to quad rushes. Some of the design could be inspired by Starcraft 2 maps that all have close positions of allies for easier cooperation. If interested, PM me or reply to this thread.

• Upvote 1

What about a modified Habbanya Erg map? i mean remove the lands from the corners and make a new land in the middle (like almost same size as the 2 removed lands from the corners, a lil smaller)

that way we still have the good feeling of the map we all know and it might be fun to play it :)

but having a complete new map would be cool too for sure

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but Spice Mesa is something like what I think you are referring to funky. Each team starts on same land, which makes it pretty easy to defend against rushes early. It would need a few improvements though and we could change it ofc, but spice mesa has most of what I think you are referring to. When i made it i tried to make it as good as possible when it comes to strategical regions, chokepoints, unit placement and all the other tactical stuff, but i only worked few hours on it so it definitely needs improvements :)

Funky: I think that would take a lot of work. The map is quite asymmetric, it would be either imbalanced or take too much work. Might as well make new map. Or use parts of Habbanya on another map. Though it is true that TM and TR spots would make a good allied team, but would need to make roughly the same area on BL. Also it is currently an issue to set the teams right like this.

Feda: So would that mean you are up to edit it a little bit? It would need to be a lot more closed. But other than that I think it's useable for 3v3's and 2v2's.

Yes, i just need time as uni is taking the entire day here.. Im not sure how well it would work for 3v3 with the current main land size, for 3v3 I'd have to increase that too, for 2v2 is fine. If you have any suggestions about where to place rocks etc. u could get the map image and draw improvements on it. I'll have a look at it when i get some freaking free time.

So here are my suggested changes. Apart from these, I'd also remove or replace the little spots in the sand that belong to building area. I think it would be a good multiplayer map if these are done.

1 - Create small spot that cannot deploy MCV + put all spawn points there.
2 - Move this island a bit more north so it is on the same level as the others.
3 - Make this island bigger.
4 - More spice for this location while keeping the spot size symmetrical with the others.
5 - Make these areas impassable.
6 - Make these areas passable only for infantry. The rocks should be all a size of the rocks of TM (the ones on the right).
7 - Make this area passable for MCV's (tiny entrance) so everyone knows which way to move MCV.
8 - Make these areas symmetrical. The TR one looks nice as an example.
9 - Add a small impassable island area here. But something that fits in the sand. Possibly something like in Habbanya. The island below TM but should be smaller. It could also be crossed with another one. So this one could go TL and BR. TR and BL could be passable by infantry, like the small area above middle on Habbanya.
10 - Add a bit more spice (top has more than bottom now)
11 - Add ridges here.

http://griffin65.webpark.cz/dune/0PLAY3-Spice_Mesa_(XL_6)_by_Feda - Edited.png

0PLAY3-Spice_Mesa_(XL_6)_by_Feda%20-%20E

The image gets stuck when loading lol. I cant get to see more than 10% of it.   Nvm worked now.

Somehow I dont get wtf is going on with my own shai-hulud too. Just installed it on this 64 bit lappy but it refuses to open or create anything. And I pasted that .dll. I haven't tried on 64 bit before so maybe thats why its screwed.

Somehow I dont get wtf is going on with my own shai-hulud too. Just installed it on this 64 bit lappy but it refuses to open or create anything. And I pasted that .dll. I haven't tried on 64 bit before so maybe thats why its screwed.

So you can open Shai-Hulud fine, but when you try to load the map, it doesn't show any error, but gets stuck and doesn't load anything? If that's the case and you got Win 7, then maybe it has something to do with Windows update. Maybe some DLL's got changed. That's the only explanation that comes to my mind. That would complicate the editing.

• 9 months later...