Calls for help on "side out of range" error...

FremenReady

I have made a map to replace D2K's A9V2 map, but when I run the game, it says "trying to access side out of range (118) [gGamesTick = 0]". How can I fix this problem without shrinking the map I made?

you got too much of the same building or unit??

I made a lot of walls and I got the same error..

the game must be limiting somethin too much on the map..

you got too much of the same building or unit??

I made a lot of walls and I got the same error..

the game must be limiting somethin too much on the map..

Maybe not... I modified A9V1 by adding a lot of wind traps and it ran well. I made a new A9V2 that was larger in size (since I am not satisfied with the original smaller version), so maybe it is the problem... 

So is there any way to let the map run without reducing its size?

Maybe not... I modified A9V1 by adding a lot of wind traps and it ran well. I made a new A9V2 that was larger in size (since I am not satisfied with the original smaller version), so maybe it is the problem...

So is there any way to let the map run without reducing its size?

another bug of kolfac's campaign map editor..

large maps have some problem..

try building maps using shai hulud map editor..

this myt solve ur prob..

I made a large map myself bt it worked like butter..

remake the map from scratch and try..

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am trying to make a Smugglers mission. I have made 4 so far that work. This on however, does not, maps size is 120x120 (not the maximum, I hope) everything is in place (buildings, units, worms etc.) and I am getting this message: Error Trying to access side out of range (104).

Can you please check what might be causing this, I can also upload the mission.

this error is not related to the size of the map, it must be a bug in the .mis file

the game has 8 sides (houses), the function only accepts 0-7 but you are trying to pass 104

I don't know where the bug is coming from, would need to see the .map + .mis file

• Upvote 1

FunkyFr3sh,

here you are the Mission 9 of my smugglers campaign. Please advise. Thank you.

I Think there are too much stuff there. You need to retire walls/turrets/buildings.

When I did my mission 9 Emperor campaign the game gives me an error (don't remember if was the same as you), but when I retire two big columns of walls started working again.

Also I think there are lots of Unit spawns too.

Just for the record:

If an enemy always builds 7 combat tanks (2 defending his base and the other 5 to attack you), but you add a "unit spawn" with 10 combat tanks, then the IA never builds more tanks. Maybe (Maybe) he will use some of them after some time, buy maybe not.

Instead using too much that event, you can place units in the map manually. For example, instead a unit spawn with 15 H combat tanks for the emperor, place manually 2-3 combat tanks in every entrance in their base, and then reduce all those unit spawn to a single one with 2-3 combat tanks (and doing the same for other units).

It happens while it tries to pre-place the very first unit on the map, I don't think I can fix it. You need remove some units or buildings to solve it. Could be that it contains too many buildings and it overrides part of the unit memory, could also be that it contains too many units and screws up something else

Damn.... If I delete the buildings, then my last mission: Shield Wall loses it's meaning... :( will try to edit the hell out of it... 3:)

Try to delete walls first and the useless buildings/turrets.

For example, you can start deleting the walls and turrets in the silo and Construction Yard in the Harkonnen base.  They are so deep so at least you already destroyed all the base those turrets don't do anything.

You can remove the walls and turrets in the imperial Palace for example and/or the turrets and walls in top of the all those imperial silos, All those turrets/walls are not going to be usefull there because you are going to enter from the right

The main thing is removing walls.

If the game allow 1.000 objects (this is just and example), every building, turret and wall count as 1, so maybe you only have 250 buildings and 150 turrets, but then you have 900 walls sections, that broke the game.

By the way, I don't know if you ended the mis part of the game, but if the Emperor is going to be an enemy with the Mercenary be aware, the Mercenary base is in the danger zone of the Emperor house (so the emperor is going to send all those unit spawn against the Mercenary from the beggining).

If you don't know what is/how works the danger zone, Here is a good visual.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26918-release-dune-2000-war-of-assassins/?p=391194