{Release} Smugglers Campaign

sandworm

Hey every one.

I just finished a full campaign: 'Smugglers - Sands for the taking'.

Ive play tested each mission and have not run into any problems, but please let me know if you do so.

This is a full 9 mission campaign, im pretty sure most of you know what you need, and how to install it, if not, its all in the readme.

Please let me know how it is and post any feed back you have here.

Enjoy.

Smuggler Campaign - Sands for the taking.rar

• Upvote 3

Thank you for trying it athanasios.

Update: Re-download the campaign, I made a mistake on the 3rd mission, with some even conditions. Sorry about that. Please let me know if there are any others.

Thanks again.

finnished whole campain on hard hmmm , 7th mission is the hardest one, 9th prob most easy one of them all, btw theres a glitch , when u start 9th wheres 2 land areas 1 with your mcv 2nd with starport, the bridge between those areas, u can move through all da way u want  fix that

I played up to 3rd missions. What was wrong with 3rd one? I noticed that reinforcements continued to come (and yes there were sard's among them) even after you destroyed the outpost. Was that the problem? Anyway up to here it was nice and I enjoyed it.

@athanasios, I messed up on one of the messages, where the outpost was destroyed, it would keep repeating, so I had to switch it off. As for the sardaukar reinforcement drop, there is a trigger where if one of your units enters a tile, it will drop an enemy reinforcement, and there were sardaukar in that drop. So even when the base is destroyed, its still possible to enter that tile and trigger the reinforcement drop.

@perefese thank you for playing! Ill check out that map and see what your speaking about.

I see, that is why when I turned on their last vehicle remaining, the harvester, they still got reinforcements. As for the mesage it was annoying but at the same time funny to hear that 'alert'. Hope it remaims displayed till the outpost is rebuilt or a new message informs you of the rebuilt.

Yes, I fixed it, and now if it is destroyed it will tell you once, and tell you if it is rebuilt and so on. As for the "Unit in Tile" I did not give it any specification, just if you entered the tile. Perhaps I can also put 'if base is not destroyed'

Im going to continue playing through for any other errors.

EDIT: Made some changes to the 5th mission and the 4th. Reuploaded the files

• Upvote 1

Nice missions man ;) really enjoyable. I'll add them to D2K+ soon if u wish.

One thing that I could mention is about the story. I find it almost impossible for a group of smugglers to conquer alone Arrakis. They are smugglers after all ;D All my sub-houses were just support for some main houses. But thats just me, the missions are nice ;)

Do not add it yet, as I still want to make sure its bug free and no mistakes. Thanks again for your support, ill let you know when to add it.

As for the story, you are 100% correct. I should clarify what they are doing on Arrakis, but my aim was to show the smugglers that they are like a mercenary force. They were employed by the Harkonnen (eventually) to smuggle goods for them, and help rid them of the other 2 houses. I never said they conquer the planet, but instead defend their installations while removing others.

Thanks for trying them out.

@perefese I noticed what you were speaking of, I had the wrong tileset selected in the mission editor. Reuploaded.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I def could have worked at the story a little more. To be honest I started this campaign months ago, dropped dune2k for a bit, then came back and forgot completely where I left off, so it def needed a little more work. Thanks for playing

Mission 4 has a time counter, but it is not mentioned in the briefing. So no clue what it is about when you start it.

Mission 5 doesn't end. Again the problem with repeated "The Atreides have been annihilated message". No enemy has been left over, Harks destroy all enemy walls and then remain idle, and game doesn't end.

• Upvote 1

Going to check that out and fix it, thanks athanasios

Edit: Mission 4's timer relates to the atreides starport. After 15 mins, the atreides will receive starport deliveries. A message should appear when the timer runs out. Sorry bout that.

Mission 5 has been fixed, had the conditions numbered incorrectly.

Reuploaded. Thanks again

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Mision 4:  The message appears correctly when the timer runs out, but there should also be a message in the briefing to know what the timer is about, or you are left with the idea that you have to finish the mission before the timer runs out. A message in the briefing like: "Soon the Atreides will start receiving strong reinforcements through the startport. Strenghten your forces!" would be fitting.

• Upvote 1

Mission 6 bug: The second mission (big Ordos base) can be won without eliminating all Merc. strructures.

Mission 8 bug: After finishing mission I got a crash.

CreateScore()

Enemy house not valid gCampaignTable[][].enemy = 7967496 [ gGameTicks = 140132 ]

Fixed the mission 6 bug

As for the mission 8 bug I can not understand why its crashing with that message. I looked at both the 9th mission files and the 8th, to see if there were any mistakes, but could not find any. Thats a very wierd crash