Best and Worst of E:BFD

Do you mean?

Experience?

The units?

The players online?

One of the missions?

Or how we played?

Everything about the game really, its been 11 years since it was released so its interesting that people are still playing it so what could have been done better and what is just perfect?

By the time that they released the game in my region.

Multiplayer was already disbanded.

I liked playing with the Ordos and Atreides.

Harkonnen was rather useless for me.

Reason was that Atreides has NOOB units. And Ordos has swift micro units that could gain experience. Then they would own the battle field.

Harkonnen had almost none of that. Except the rocket launcher, it could gain experience if I shot down carryalls. After this, you need those air cannon thingies. Those which didn't need to reload. But they where rather expensive and slow.

Only with Atreides, the last mission was no problem. 7 victories. Then got really bored with them. Sonic Tank aren't that useful if you start knowing the game.

Ordos was, so, so. 4 victories. The artillery are kinda clumsy. So Las Tanks all the way, with some support from other units when the need was for it.

I was really angry while trying it with the Harkonnen. Succeeded only 2 times with the Harkonnen. What on earth could I use against the minotaurus? Let alone 2 or 3 clanged together.

For me the Atreides had the best units. Minotaurus and mongoose all the way.

I tried playing with the Harkonnen but got beaten up during the civil war. As for Ordos, not really interested by them. They were quite easy to defeat on the battlefield, more of a nuissance than an adversary.

I guess everyone is playing in high quality mode now, the processor speeds of PC's back when we made it was pretty slow.  By the time we released it single core 1GHz P3's had only just come out.  Most people didn't have that kind of hardware so even though initially it was a No. 1 title, it dropped pretty quickly to bargain basement.

What does everyone think looks good or bad?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was doing my annual run by of this game to see if it was still being played and came across this thread.

My best experience during my run of my favorite rts was back in the old clan ladder days. I remember being so young then and having a blast with my clan the "dark" clan trying to make the top 5 every month. Those sneaky SKUM and FEW were always battling it out for the top 2 spots. Had some good times with those guys too great players in each clan but they were bitter rivals with one another. Being in a game with them filling in a spot you could cut the tension I loved it haha.

Other best memory was playing constantly with zilents me being a hark rusher he taught me his ways of ordos rushing and his secret build order. bar fact ref 1 scout 4 gas 1 engi 6 gas then mortar/gas mix with 4 dusts and 1 lasers then 6 dusts. Worked every time.

• 2 months later...

Everything about the game really, its been 11 years since it was released so its interesting that people are still playing it so what could have been done better and what is just perfect?

perfect thing about dune is atmosphere. Not games. Ppl feel good if doing something about dune.

Deviators are useless. Period.

However, infantry are in general useless as well to hunt the deviators down.

And the only reason they where designed was to stop those nasty devastators. But then we get a discrete thinking of players.

Playing against ordos? Not using any devastator.

The 2 walkers of the Atreides are still overkill. One can simply march in and needs to be used amass like a group of marines in starcraft. They have a 100% hit chance too. And are AA too. Goes automatically too.

The other one, simply is used against any thing slow. With forced fire you still can hit ordos.

Combine the 2. OVERKILL instead of overkill.

Deviators are useless. Period.

However, infantry are in general useless as well to hunt the deviators down.

And the only reason they where designed was to stop those nasty devastators. But then we get a discrete thinking of players.

Playing against ordos? Not using any devastator.

The 2 walkers of the Atreides are still overkill. One can simply march in and needs to be used amass like a group of marines in starcraft. They have a 100% hit chance too. And are AA too. Goes automatically too.

The other one, simply is used against any thing slow. With forced fire you still can hit ordos.

Combine the 2. OVERKILL instead of overkill.

I didnt talk about atreides walkers firepower or their strategic advantage. I just mean walkers not really part if dune universe at all. Just addet to game to make abit differance between houses, but simply I dont like it. Advanced mechanized infantry much more atreides kind fight style.

Infantry useless? Dont forget about fremen and sardoukar.

• 1 month later...