Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Mission 6 for The Atreides
Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:37 PM
Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:32 AM
Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:52 PM
I played on my modded Dune 2000 where the Atreides have a junk combat tank while the Ordos Combat Tank is faster and I managed to win with normal mode.
I haven't captured the smuggler base and I relied on gun turrets and light infantry for the defense:stupid missile launcher try to kill my "useless" light infantry...I retreat and the missile launcher is on range!
But if I read well you have no problem with the defense.The attack is really difficult because there are rocks near the enemy base entrance.I suggest to send 3 launcher for take out the nearest rocket turrets,then send your combat tanks.You will need 30-40 of them:after you have destroyed the counterattack units destroy the Construction Yard because the AI is too stupid to order a MCV to rebuild it.
Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:26 PM
Here's how i do this mission:
- Capture Starport at the smuglers base.
- Deploy the MCV near the Starport.
- Build up your first base including turrets and troopers, and order heavy units with the captured starport.
- About half of the attacks go to the "smugglers" base. But it's easier to defend with siege tanks and missile launchers. Keep some combat tanks in the front for meat. The Harkonnen have to ride a bit around before reaching your "smugglers" base while your missile launchers shoot them. The most anoying units will be quads to deal with.
- Make sure you have a repairbay in your first base and carryalls, to carry the injured heavy units from the smugglersbase to your first base.
- When you have about 60 heavy units in each base and the harkonnen have attacked. You can attack with 30 from each, yes, just 50% from each. (10 Combat, 10 Siege, 10 missile times 2) So you have 2 groups. Your goal should be his base and not his army. 1 groups takes the hits, while the other one penetrates the harkonnen base. It's up to the enemy which army of yours will be at the enemy base. If you don't succeed, try a double ammount.
It worked for me with the first attack with the enemy having no base and a suicidal army, good luck.
Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:16 PM
at start of game i get my base up 4 wind traps 3 refinery 3 heavy factory make 8 harvesters and start making tanks.. while making three more wind traps and build 3 light factories . get additional refinery and 4 more harvesters now get 2 wind traps and get 3 barracks. get tanks quads troopers move to mai ordos base. use tanks to crush any incoming hostile unit and start killing harvesters. when ai has no funds send troopers to kill turrets and send mass of engineeers to capture all structures
you have to destroy house ordos and capture starport. if u get map with mercenaries dont destroy them . just focus on ordos base and starport
Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:00 PM
I think this may have been asked before, but I didn't see a response. I can find any real help for it online, either. Capturing the smuggler base is easy enough, but no matter how many units I churn out, the Harknonen always seem to have many time more. I can send hordes of units to the Harkonen base, but I always get wiped out. Any ideas?
You mean that it is mission with capture harkonnen barracks?
My the best tatics for this mission is:
- train engineer as many as possible (at least 30/40 units)
- don't capture the smugglers base (waste of time)
- select all units, go to harkonnen base from north-west and move engineers to barracks and construction yard.
- it is allways working.
Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:07 PM
for atreides 5 i do take two windtraps and then starport... now i buy one more mcv sell 1 windtrap deploy in there build few turrets
oon main base its good to have three refineries. moe troopers and tanks. missile tanks from starport take.. try to protect starport as its very useful structure at this mission... (also starport in harkonnen 5 its existing )
for atreides mission 6 same as above on both map use 3 factory tactic and you can win.. be warned enemy will attack often..
i am playing modified missions so all ai has funds (refineries, factories etc. so more things to destroy more fun.
Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:26 AM
The level is easy all you have to do is MAKE A BIG ARMY you can make 30 light infantries,10 troopers,5 trikes,5 quads,7 tanks,and.and 4 missle tanks,and3 heavetanks
I have this error when i try to acess the harkonnen and ordos test mission.
The atreides test mission working fine