Dune 2000 map editor

AmBeam

Hi all..

from couple of weeks I'm working on my mod to Total Annihilation, and it bases on Dune 2000 buildings, units and terrain mostly. I love d2k but it has many limitations and is almost "not-opensource"..

I tried to download map editor on this site, but download seems to be down, so I tried somewhere else, etc... I can't find it anywhere (both: shai-hulud and med2k)... the same with tilesets. I found some Russian program to extract r8 files, yea that's cool but around thousand of 32x32 images is not what I'm searching for ;). it's like a puzzle, and I don't want to waste my time working on it.

Could anyone help me and post here a WORKING link to any editor with complete tilesets, or just the file with these tiles? you can also send it directly to my email: archontp(monkey)yahoo.com

Thanks! AmBeam.

lol it's my lucky day, cause I found Shai Hulud after hours of searching google.... but....... there is a simple problem with tileset extractor, sections got weird colours.. After some search I noticed windows must be set to 24-bit colour per pixel, otherwise bitmaps messes up.. what I should do? is there any other method to open these tiles properly?

• 2 weeks later...

lol it's my lucky day, cause I found Shai Hulud after hours of searching google.... but....... there is a simple problem with tileset extractor, sections got weird colours.. After some search I noticed windows must be set to 24-bit colour per pixel, otherwise bitmaps messes up.. what I should do? is there any other method to open these tiles properly?

glad to here you got it! downloads have been down for months  :-

I had this problem heres a link to the tilesets http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?edgdtgzdmt2

for ra1 there was r.a.c.k  it was units buldings editor placing tool.if we could make one based on red alert 1..that should solve tileset errors as editor would have attached them .. .so when you build map in blockice and save ..no data will be lost...like in shaihulud as sh2k tileset is replaced with default blockbgbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yea and none of them seems to work.... wtf is going on?

how to use this damn med2k? displays some window and asks for the map, so what next then? all what it can do is map name change??

domination is not working, both .exe files are not running..

shai-hulud needs windows set to 24 bit mode, what is simply impossible...

am I doing something wrong or it's just my bad luck...?

• 4 weeks later...

yea and none of them seems to work.... wtf is going on?

how to use this damn med2k? displays some window and asks for the map, so what next then? all what it can do is map name change??

domination is not working, both .exe files are not running..

shai-hulud needs windows set to 24 bit mode, what is simply impossible...

am I doing something wrong or it's just my bad luck...?

shai halud is the only working one.it takes tinkering however.

• 2 months later...